“Not Very good” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“Not Very good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

A bit of shame really, it promised a good meal but it just didn't deliver. Firstly our order was taken wrongly (probably because it's actually quite noisy) and then the starter and mains arrived at the same time. Biggest problem though was the food was cold and my meal which was a bit of a combo, just looked like they had picked up a whole lot fried stuff and dumped on the plate. Presentation was poor. The chips were the best part because, as a side dish, they were actually hot (they were hot only because they didn't take my order correctly and I had to ask where are my chips. All very expensive for something very very very average. The wine was ok but expensive. Dispite orders not being taken correctly the waiters were friendly and good - they just don't have a good product to push.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Melbourne, Australia
“TGIF on a Sunday”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Had never been to Macquarie shopping centre before, but, met up with friends and then we decided to grab something to eat.
There were only three of us and after declining to sit and eat at the bar, we were taken to a booth... although not sure why it was the last one in the room and just outside the kitchen/service station. I'm sure there were two or three available on the window... but, maybe they were reserved for someone else?
We did have a very pleasant young lady serve us and she was very attentive and also warm and friendly.
Having finally decided on something to eat, we did just relax and enjoy ourselves.
The drinks were quick to arrive as was the food. Portion sizes were quite good, although I did think the menu was a tad expensive, especially for a 'cheap and cheerful' which is what I would have classed TGIF as... although would now call that the 'not-so cheap and cheerful'.
It was what it was and we didn't have to send any food back and did have reliable people waiting on us.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fairfax VA
“Poor service once they get you through the door”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

When up from Canberra recently we went to TGI Fridays for a Saturday night meal with our two children, 8 and 10. We lived in America for two years and frequented TGIs, and we thought that the food was lovely and comparable (albeit hugely more expensive). However the service was very poor. After finishing our meal, a different waiter to the one who told us he would be looking after us, cleared our table. A further 15 minutes went past, and I thought that perhaps we had to pay at the front. I was told by the front service staff that a waiter would be at our table with the bill. Finally, my husband had to duck out quickly to the supermarket so I waited with the kids trying to catch the attention of any waiter. The bill came with a smiley face drawn on it (maybe to encourage tips), but I must say that I don't tip poor service. Please be more attentive, ask if we'd like refills, ask if we'd like desserts, and you'd get a higher rating.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Over priced, under serviced:(”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

4 of us went on mother's day for lunch. We were told we had to wait at least 30 mins. Why 30 mins I asked? Oh, we have a waiting list, said the staff. Looking around the restaurant we saw 5 others at the bar, at least 5 empty tables, 2 with reserved signs and the other 3 still uncleared. So we thought.. "Hmmm.. should be quick", so we sat at the bar. We were there for 20-25 minutes and during that time no one bothered to clean the dirty tables!
Getting impatient I walked to the counter and as I approached my buzzer went off! How convenient.
After being led to our table, upstairs, the wait staff were attentive and took our orders quickly. I ordered a new orleans burger and must say that the maccas quarter pounder beat tgi's hands down!! The burger & bun were dry and tasteless. For the price it was totally unsatisfactory. Been to tgi's o/seas and expecting quality, we sure didn't get it here:(
There wont be a next time for me....

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Perth
“Not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Very friendly staff. They were great. But just had to wait ages for a table and to order and then for food. Food wasn't anything special.

Visited April 2014