“Poor service once they get you through the door” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Fairfax VA
“Poor service once they get you through the door”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

When up from Canberra recently we went to TGI Fridays for a Saturday night meal with our two children, 8 and 10. We lived in America for two years and frequented TGIs, and we thought that the food was lovely and comparable (albeit hugely more expensive). However the service was very poor. After finishing our meal, a different waiter to the one who told us he would be looking after us, cleared our table. A further 15 minutes went past, and I thought that perhaps we had to pay at the front. I was told by the front service staff that a waiter would be at our table with the bill. Finally, my husband had to duck out quickly to the supermarket so I waited with the kids trying to catch the attention of any waiter. The bill came with a smiley face drawn on it (maybe to encourage tips), but I must say that I don't tip poor service. Please be more attentive, ask if we'd like refills, ask if we'd like desserts, and you'd get a higher rating.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sydney, Australia
“Over priced, under serviced:(”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

4 of us went on mother's day for lunch. We were told we had to wait at least 30 mins. Why 30 mins I asked? Oh, we have a waiting list, said the staff. Looking around the restaurant we saw 5 others at the bar, at least 5 empty tables, 2 with reserved signs and the other 3 still uncleared. So we thought.. "Hmmm.. should be quick", so we sat at the bar. We were there for 20-25 minutes and during that time no one bothered to clean the dirty tables!
Getting impatient I walked to the counter and as I approached my buzzer went off! How convenient.
After being led to our table, upstairs, the wait staff were attentive and took our orders quickly. I ordered a new orleans burger and must say that the maccas quarter pounder beat tgi's hands down!! The burger & bun were dry and tasteless. For the price it was totally unsatisfactory. Been to tgi's o/seas and expecting quality, we sure didn't get it here:(
There wont be a next time for me....

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Perth
“Not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Very friendly staff. They were great. But just had to wait ages for a table and to order and then for food. Food wasn't anything special.

Visited April 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Im Surprised this Crap Joint is still in business”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We were a table of 7
Ordered cocktails and once they eventually arrived, they just tasted like juice, absolutely no alcohol, I complained to the waitress, she was not really apologetic at all, she took the drinks back and brought us fresh ones, which still had no alcohol which we were paying for, I sent them back and told them not to bother. Great Start. All downhill from there.
raw mushrooms came along with the food
disgusting food disgusting service
food took forever to get to us
poor management
overpriced
highly disappointed
Rude arrogant staff with seriously bad attitudes
felt sick. after I complained, felt as if my order of food was tampered with
Restaurant floor so oily and dirty felt like I was going to slip and break my neck
stone cold chips
Jack Daniels sauce like sweet sickening cheap candy
read bad reviews before going and now wish someone would say something to management totally unacceptable, I really felt like not paying the bill t the end, it wasn't right.
ruined my night I feel soooo sick when I got home, I felt ripped off.

DO NOT EVEN WASTE YOUR TIME. Management Needs to go back to the drawing boards!

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“No attention to detail”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

My friend didn't get sauce with her meal and the waitress said"I'll bring it out in a minute" she never came back and her meal was very dry I am very disappointed with the service. It took 20 minutes to bring out drinks, 20minutes to bring the desert menu and 1/2 an hr to bring the bill at the end.