“Very disappointed experience.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde

You added Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde to your Saves list
Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7-11 Talavera Road, North Ryde, Ryde, New South Wales 2113, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in North Ryde
Millbrae, California
“Very disappointed experience.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I booked a room for three at this hotel for the weekend. I didn't know that the bathroom wall was see through glass. I asked for a change of room but receptionist said all were the same except the suite. So much for privacy. Then the bathroom was small (gotta shut the door completely to get to the tub/shower) and had no safety handles (nothing to grab on getting in/out). Locating in a central business area, I am surprised that the hotel was designed as such (more towards romantic couple instead of family and business guests). Lastly, the idea of being green here is to reuse (fold up and put back on rack) towels despite dirty and guests' request. Hello .. housekeeping .. on the way .. but how come I never saw anyone knocking on my door .. only the check-out invoice stuck under my door in the early hour.

Room Tip: Ask about the bathroom .. whether there's a privacy shade/blind and safety handles in place. Sa...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Sudhir Y, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for contacting Marriott Customer Care, regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott North Ryde.

We certainly appreciate the business of all our guests and in particular the loyalty our Marriott Rewards Members’ show towards our hotel brands. After reading your feedback I would like to take the opportunity to offer my most sincere apologies for the disappointing experience you encountered. We strive to ensure the complete comfort and satisfaction of all our guests, and pride ourselves of our high standards of service and attention to detail. It is always our purpose to ensure that every guest receives the true “Marriott” experience and I am sorry that on this occasion your expectations were not met.

I am extremely sorry for the experience you had with our room allocation and having to change, I completely understand that this is far from convenient and very pleased you brought this matter to my attention. I have taken the liberty to share your comments with our Director of Operations, who I shall work with, to ensure all the necessary actions are implemented to ensure the safety of our guest. We have noted your feedback both for the safety rails and the Plexiglas in bathroom and I assure you that we would consider all possible solutions while planning our refurbishment next year. I have also taken the liberty to retrain all concerned associates on the importance of responding promptly and adhering to all guest cleaning requests.

It is only through such feedback that we are able to improve the services and facilities we provide. I do thank you again for taking the time to write to me as Marriott does appreciate all of our guests’ valuable feedback as it is essential to us and I am really looking forward hopefully welcoming you back to our beautiful city again one day.

With warm regards from Sydney,

Sudhir

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Berlin, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

The staff at this hotel are completely incompetent and unable to deal with even the most simple of matters. After weeks of emails and phone calls going without replies or actions of any kind it has now taken two months to resolve an issue that should have been resolved on the spot. These people are hopeless, I can not possibly ever deal with them again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Sudhir Y, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for expressing your experiences with Courtyard by Marriott North Ryde. We certainly appreciate the business of all our guests and I am extremely sorry your expectations were not met. However in order for me to investigate and resolve the matter, I would need more details of your conversations. I would appreciate if you could either provide me with your contact phone number or write to me directly at sudhir.yadav@courtyard.com

It is only through such feedback that we are able to improve the services and facilities we provide. I do thank you again for taking the time to write to me as Marriott does appreciate all of our guests’ valuable feedback as it is essential to us and I am really looking forward to hear from you

Warm Regards

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip to Sydney. Customer service was excellent. Rooms just average. Decor was tired and bathroom suffering some design flaws! Hotel restaurant was fine, breakfast buffet good, dinner expensive for what it was. Location fine for the business area it is in, if you're wanting a sight seeing holidays to Sydney this isn't the place to stay!

• Stayed September 2013
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a safe middle of the road choice for business travellers in the North Ryde area. I've stayed at all the other hotels in the area (MGSM, Quest, Travelodge and Stamford Grand) and this is the best, which is not a ringing endorsement as the Quest is below average and the Stamford Grand is atrocious, while the MGSM is a nice boutique hotel but in an academic setting.

The key to this place is the staff. Even if they are not 5 star level staff, this hotel has probably some of the most friendly, genuine staff I've encountered travelling the world. They really make an average hotel a great experience when you're in a business locale and away from friends and family.

Quick tip, they don't have a room service menu but call room service the night before and place an order and they will deliver breakfast at a time of your choosing.

Kudos to the friendly staff here and the managers that evidently keep their staff well trained and engaged.

• Stayed August 2013
Sudhir Y, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing your recent experiences for your stay at Courtyard North Ryde. It is feedback like yours which motivates us to strive even harder to ensure that every guest receives the true “Marriott” experience and I glad that on this occasion your expectations were met.
Thank you very much again and we look forward to welcome you
Regards
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

A very nice, recently built hotel. Nice new rooms are a good size, well appointed. The service staff were great, also a really nice varied breakfast. Good value for money and very well situated for business in North Ryde, MacQuarrie Park.

Room Tip: The rooms on the south side are a bit noisier due to the main road, but good view to the city.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Albion Park, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

The hotel is nice as it is quite modern and looks fairly new. The rooms are good size and have good amenities. The restaurant is good and it needs to be as there is not much else around. It's just a bit far out from the city so the train can take about 45 minutes.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Lake Macquarie, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with family for my brother to run the City to Surf. Free parking, free wifi and free breakfast. We loved the midday check out! And they extended it so my brother could shower after finishing the run. The staff are friendly and very helpful. Modern hotel. Clean and tidy rooms. Close to the train station so getting into the city is easy.

Only thing I disliked was the frosted glass between the bathroom and bedroom because when the light was on in the bathroom it lit up the whole bedroom.

• Stayed August 2013
4.0 of 5 stars 198 reviews
MGSM Executive Hotel and Conference Centre
Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta
Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde

Been to Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde? Share your experiences!