“Far from everything” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde

You added Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde to your Saves list
Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7-11 Talavera Road, North Ryde, Ryde, New South Wales 2113, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in North Ryde
Orlando, Florida
“Far from everything”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

THe hotel is very clean and comfortable. Not all the staff is nice. I found that day staff tends to be a bit rude, maybe because of the busy it is during the day. Elite members get a 25% off of everything consumed at the hotel. Unfortunately for a Courtyard their prices are too high. Breakfast is $ 29.00. The train station is accessible but having luggage is a big problem. There a wide avenue to cross and is a bit steep down hill to get to the hotel. Taxi or shuttle from the Sydney airport is $100.00. The train is $17.34 and you change twice. But if there were to be rail work as my case it becomes two train changes p,us a bus that stops a bit further from the train station. The hotel is hard to spot as it doesn't have a visible sign. If you were to take a tour you would have to meet it at Circular Quay which involves taking the train there. Trains Circular Quay are $8.00 per person. It's more of a business hotel in a corporate park. In sum, the hotel is clean and you are not to expect anything more than what Courtyards really offer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Sudhir Y, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us here at CYNR
Whilst I am extremely proud of the vast majority of our guest reviews, I am also grateful for feedback when we fall short of our high standards, as it is only by receiving this that we are able to improve.
Firstly please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointing service experience you encountered during your stay with us. I shall discuss your comments in detail with my Operations Manager and ensure that all our associates are reminded of the importance of customer service and the appropriate etiquette in dealing with our guests.

Whilst I cannot turn back the clock, I am certainly committed to ensuring you receive total satisfaction in the future and ensure all facets of your stay are in line with the high standard we strive to deliver.

Once again thank you for your patronage and this valuable feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

With my company's Australian HQ office nearby and listed in the company travel policy, I was recommended to stay here as it is good for access for our business meetings where I could walk to the office and back. Upon arrival I was able to book in early which was greatly appreciated after a 24 hour flights so top marks to reception, indeed staff in all areas were generally very good throughout the stay. I only did breakfast here which was fresh and plentiful however the restaurant was a bit functional doubling as a bar area at night with tired furnishings therefore not conducive to comfort. Overall feeling throughout was that the price was poor value for money for an out of town location and the general level of room, furnishings and facilities (my en suite was very pokey). Top marks though for free Internet even though conditional upon joining the free loyalty scheme.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Sudhir Y, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your sharing feedback for your recent stay at Courtyard North Ryde. I am very pleased to hear that we did meet your expectation and convenience both in terms for location and superior personalized service. We do strive to ensure that we can meet all our guest requests and demands.

I have taken the liberty to share your comments regarding the condition of the product with our Department Heads and General Manager who I shall work with to ensure we take necessary actions to imptove the quality of our product.

Once again thank you very much for your feedback; it is only through such feedback we can improve our product and services.

Warm Regards

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I always stay here as it's my work preferred hotel and did so again last month. Fantastic service from all staff members from dinner, room service check out and especiall night check in. The bar service was unprofessional by one of the staff one night (laughing and making comments to me at someone's order behind his back). Otherwise every single staff were spot on.

Stayed in a balcony room but I will ask for the normal executive room next time as the latter is bigger. Room is nice and clean

The one thing I didn't enjoy was the dinner menu (hasn't changed for a year and not up to a good standard) and the breakfast buffet wasn't very exciting for the what you pay for

Looking very much to staying here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hope Valley, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

My daughter, 2 1/2 yr old grandson and I recently stayed in this wonderful hotel. We were under intense pressure because my husband was having a very serious operation at Macquarie University Hospital which is close by. From the second we entered this Marriott the service was outstanding! Every staff member went beyond any reasonable expectation to make our stay perfect! They were solicitous and understood our family emergency. Even at 2 am jugs of milk for the baby were brought to our room. Happily the surgery outcome was successful. However, I must say that this exceptional hotel made our nervous experience that much easier. Each day when we returned to the hotel it was like coming home:). Don't forget to try the Chef's special dish Sage chicken! We had it with truffled mash and it was divine! Thank you to the manager and everyone we met at the Marriott Courtyard! Sincerely, Moni Green, Hope Island, QLD.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sudhir Y, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Mrs. Green

Thank you very much for encouraging us through your great feedback and compliments, regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott North Ryde.
We strive to ensure the complete comfort and satisfaction of all our guests, and pride ourselves of our high standards of service and attention to detail. It is always our purpose to ensure that every guest receives the true “Marriott” experience and I am glad that on this occasion your expectations were met.

I trust Mr. Green is doing well and recovering at fast pace.

It is only through such feedback that we are able to recognize the services and efforts of our associates. I do thank you again for taking the time to write as Marriott does appreciate all of our guests’ valuable feedback as it is essential to us and I am really looking forward hopefully welcoming you back.

With warm regards from Sydney,

Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My family has now stayed at the Courtyard North Ryde twice now. The staff are a real pleasure – very friendly, welcoming and helpful. The Courtyard is nicely located close to the train station. It features exceptionally clean, quiet and comfortable rooms with excellent wifi. And we appreciated the Platinum upgrade to a top floor room with balcony and the nice welcome gifts. Thanks. We will definitely return again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard. We truly appreciate the loyalty and business of all our elite members and we strive to ensure their complete satisfaction. I am very glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcome you back again.

Warm Regards

Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon. Upon check in the staff was amazing. It was quite early but they had a room ready and we were in much need of a nap after flying from the US. The room was very nice and clean. In addition the location of this hotel is amazing. Staying at a nice place in Sydney was a little out of our budget so we opted to stay at this location to save a little money. It is near the train station which is super helpful. It does take 30-45 minutes to get to downtown Sydney. Also, being away from the city means this hotel is very quiet. My one complaint was the lack of a microwave but that isn't a deal breaker by any means. I would highly recommend this hotel and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Congratulations to both you and your partner. It gives me a great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I would share your compliments with other team member and we would recognize their great efforts.

I would also take this opportunity to inform that we do offer microwaves in room on request, however it is subject to availability.

Once again thank you so much for staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott and we look forward to welcome you back.

Regards

Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Once again this hotel has proven to be an excellent business hotel. Quiet comfortable rooms, good menu, excellent breakfast and friendly helpful staff.
Check out was efficient with express check out available if required.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Lane Cove Road.