“Nice, new and small hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Wi-Fi*
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in North Ryde
Sydney, Australia
“Nice, new and small hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

This hotel opened just one month before my stay so it is relatively new with construction still in place . However, the hotel is excellent- friendly staff, nice location around 5 minute walk to Macquarie Shopping centre and the room I got was very spacious and welcoming. Even received a complimentary room upgrade for a bigger bed and later check-in time. Awesome hotel indeed!

• Stayed February 2014
MSANorthRyde, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments North Ryde, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear FelixPak,

Thank you so much for your lovely concise and positive review on our lovely hotel and sharing it with the on line tripadvisor community!

You review certainly brought a smile to the faces of all our staff and we are pleased that you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade and found our fully self contained apartments spacious and welcoming.

We certainly hope to see you again soon in 2014.

Nigel L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Noosa, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Very nice one bedroom apartment. As always with Meriton it had everything I needed. Traveling business for 5 - 6 weeks at a time it's great to find reasonable priced accommodation that offers you a washing machine and a kitchenette. I love that I have a proper desk for my laptop so that I can really work. Only pain you always have to move the desk to plug into the power points.
Overall I was very pleased with the friendliness from the staff and the nice apartment.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MSANorthRyde, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments North Ryde, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Dobo01,

Thank you very much for your lovely and insightful review here on TripAdvisor. The whole team here at Meriton North Ryde appreciates it when our guests who stay with us provide us with exactly the type of feedback we are striving to get.

It was nice to hear that you found us reasonably priced and that you enjoyed all aspects of you stay from the quality of service from our staff to the well contained, new ,spacious apartments.

Once again Dodo01 thank you for your kind words and we certainly hope to see you in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I'd have no hesitation staying here again, but given its location, only when visiting Sydney for work - too far from the city and surrounds for my liking if visiting purely for a holiday. That said, the 1BR apartment I stayed in would certainly be comfortable for a long stay given its spaciousness and the full kitchen, plus it's not far from a major shopping centre for supplies. Loved the huge shower, plus when it came time to leave the staff could not have been more helpful in ensuring I got a timely cab; one of them even positioning himself at the curb to hail one down for me.

Room Tip: I had an apartment facing into the internal courtyard which was great for reduced traffic sounds.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Alison S,

The whole team here at Meriton North Ryde are very appreciative of the lovely kind words you have used here to describe us and all the services we offer to our guests.

I certainly agree that our spacious modern apartments can cater for the both the long stay guest and the 1 night traveler alike.

I was also humbled by your comments about the staff assisting you with a taxi.

However to improve this service we have just install a Priority phone line with taxi's combined to ensure that our guest now receive even more prompt service when they book a taxi with us.

Alison S, I am grateful that you would consider to stay with us again and I look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Excellent location close to Macquarie University and the Shopping Centre. Generous, well appointed rooms and friendly/helpful staff. Will definitely stay there again - in fact we are already booked in for June!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony on the quieter side
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Graham W,

Thank you for coming on this popular public view to express your positivity about staying with us here at the Meriton North Ryde!

Location can be one of the most important aspects of booking accommodation and I certainly agree with your comments in regards to our location near the Macquarie Shopping and Macquarie University.

I am delighted that you have decided to return to us in June and I look forward very much to your return.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Everything is so new and fresh. Pool area and gym well set up although spa didn't seem to be working. We tried to find a restaurant for dinner- not much in the area to choose from. Check in was great, but check out in the morning needed more staff as everyone was leaving at the same time at 10am

Dear Ladyinblue1957,

Thank you for your valued feedback on our lovely property here at Meriton North Ryde.

I am pleased that you found the hotel lovely and new. Certainly a common theme amongst the many reviewers from the Trip Advisor community on Meriton North Ryde.

In relation to the spa we have just added instructional signage on the spa usage. In fact additional signage around the hotel is now visible and we have that they certainly make a difference for the guest experience.

While there are some great restaurants in the area (such as Ribs & Rumps) I agree that the variety is not that of our city properties. We do have however Delivery hero which does delivery to your room from 21 local restaurants in the area.

Ladyinblue1957, we certainly hope that you return to visit us lovely hotel again in the near future.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Really nice new venue - about 40 minute bus ride from town. I stayed there for some classes at the nearby Macquarie University.
The property was very nice, clean and serviced well - I feel I got very good value for money.
They have partnered with deliveryhero to arrange a roomservice like experience.
Whilst this was handy and overall quite satisfactory quality of food, one option was a breakfast menu for guests of the hotel (it was exclusively for people staying at the hotel, badged Meriton and it didn't identify who was providing it).
I ordered this one morning and it was not up to scratch - The quality was substandard, oily and it was cold. It was also extraordinarily expensive.
Whilst this is not the fault of the hotel, I would suggest that the hotel review their supplier of this service, or alternatively do something in house as this is one area of opportunity.

The pool, spa & sauna are all new, clean and were nice to use.

All and all I would gladly return to this venue.

Regards
Peter

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Peter B,

We are very grateful here at the Meriton North Ryde that you choose us for your accommodation when you visited North Ryde recently.

Thank you for your kind words on the cleanliness of our Apartments and Facilities. Our committed and dedicated Housekeeping team work extremely hard to ensure our high standards are met each day and its a pleasure to read you experience of this.

In relation to the substandard quality of your breakfast order I certainly apologise and I have followed up with our supplier. Peter B, this is certainly the first occasion of this happening at our property but rest assured we have followed up on this on your behalf.

I am certainly pleased that this has not tarnished your experience overall of Meriton North Ryde and that you will return in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Service is excellent, staff is friendly and very helpful. Rooms are very clean and spacious and beds are comfortable. I would stay at Ryde again once its all completed. Overall rating id give it a 5 out of 5.

Dear NGandJZ,

Thank you for your very positive review on Tripadvisor!

We certainly are thrilled that you enjoyed a high level of customer service at our property whilst also having the pleasure of experiencing our modern, self contained, well appointed apartments.

We cannot wait for your return in the near future to Meriton North Ryde.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Ryde
Quest North Ryde
#5 of 6 in North Ryde
4.0 of 5 stars 196 reviews
Meriton Serviced Apartments Zetland, Sydney

Been to Meriton Serviced Apartments North Ryde? Share your experiences!