“student accommodation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Macquarie North Ryde

You added Travelodge Macquarie North Ryde to your Saves list
Travelodge Macquarie North Ryde
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   81 Talavera Road, North Ryde, Ryde, New South Wales 2113, Australia   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in North Ryde
Wagga Wagga, Australia
“student accommodation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

good value, appreciate the kitchenette area and provision of microwave crockery & cutlery, bathroom tiles have sharp edges, staff friendly, appreciate the parking and vicinity to university classes as well as Macquaries centre

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Arthur R, General Manager at Travelodge Macquarie North Ryde, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear RevJenHOC

We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay at the Travelodge Macquarie North Ryde. Our location on the Macquarie University Campus is perfect for anyone visiting the Macquarie University or nearby Macquarie University Hospital. The surrounding park land is a pleasant walk to each of the facilities.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Hoora, Bahrain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Small, quiet hotel located far away from the city but close to Macquarie University and the Macquarie Shopping Centre. The latter has several shops including a large supermarket and a food court/ choice of restaurants. Train and bus connections are available to the city at a distance of about 500-600 metres from the hotel. A train from the Macquarie University station to the city takes about 35 minutes.
The hotel premises and rooms are maintained very well: no musty smell either in the room or corridors. The carpets are clean. Every room has a nice, broad sofa, a small, round dining table with 3 chairs and comfortable beds and pillows with white fresh linen and duvet. Clean en-suite bathroom with hot water is available throughout the day. Hair dryer is provided in the bathroom. The reception and maintenance staff are all efficient and helpful. TV with quite a few local channels, air-conditioner, an ironing board/iron, microwave oven, an electric kettle, crockery and cutlery, and a bar fridge (drinks have to be ordered separately though) are provided in every room, along with teabags, coffee and sugar sachets. All these add to the comfort of the stay (except that there is no toaster). A buffet breakfast is available at approx $18 (less if breakfast is booked the previous evening) and dinner too. The downside: internet is exorbitant - almost $20 an hour.

Room Tip: Rooms on the rear facing the lawn are quieter than the ones in the front facing the road.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Arthur R, General Manager at Travelodge Macquarie North Ryde, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Atajus

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I certainly agree with you, our location is unique and very convenient with the proximity of the University campus, shopping centre and public transport.

I’ll be sure to share your thoughts with the team including our Maintenance and Housekeeping Department. We will be reviewing the pricing structure of the internet with our provider to hopefully offer a better discount it the not so distant future.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

I was staying for business and originally was booked for 5 nights. Had a terrible nights sleep the first night due to a very uncomfortable bed; pillows that were thin & soft like pancakes; extremely noisy air con that made 3 loud clicking sounds every minute and was unable to turn air con off as there was only a doona and no top sheet and got very stuffy very quickly in the room! Room service is also very limiting. Didn't appear to be an on site gym and no restaurant facility. Overall a very disappointing stay & quickly moved to another hotel the next morning!

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Bel987

As Trip Advisor does not publish surnames or dates of stays, do you mind emailing me via arojas@travelodge.com.au so I can obtain further information from you directly? I would like to personally review your stay and investigate the issues you experienced.

In regards to our facilities, we do not have a gym however Macquarie University Health centre is a five minutes’ walk away and there is a Fitness First located at the nearby Macquarie Centre. While we currently offer room service dinner options for our Guests, we do have chargeback facilities at a nearby restaurant, Lachlan’s.

Thank you again for you feedback and I look forward to speaking to you in greater detail.

Hanoi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Stayed here on business last week. It's what i would call a fairly basic mid-range hotel with nothing amazing and nothing offensive. The location is pretty good, being handy to the Uni and to the shopping center. Staff were pretty good most of the time, except for the gentleman on check-in who was pretty clueless. I had arranged an early check-in (after and overnight international flight) that he apparently knew nothing about and wasn't prepared to try and achieve. It took the head of housekeeping to advise him that due to two cancellations the previous night there were rooms available. So I got my room and a short nap before meetings.

The room itself was actually quite good. The aircon a bit noisy but other than that, a comfortable room. I personally found the bed a bit soft but that's not their fault, just my preference.

Breakfast is actually quite good - plenty of food, great staff and a pleasant enough environment.

Parking is very convenient and here's lots of it.

Overall, I probably won't come back here again unless I absolutely have to but, for a mid-range hotel stay it's pretty good.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Arthur R, General Manager at Travelodge Macquarie North Ryde, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear NewmaninHanoi

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Travelodge Macquarie North Ryde. I’ll be sure to share your thoughts with the team as this type of feedback is a great learning tool. While we endeavour to cater for all early arrivals, they are subject to availability but with a little communication and planning from our part we can usually sneak you into a room much earlier than 2pm.

Please do let me know which room you stayed in (via arojas@travelodge.com.au) as I will have our contractor look at the AC unit in regards to the noise. It was certainly pleasing to read your thoughts on the breakfast; hopefully on your next visit we can exceed your expectations with our soon re-vamped breakfast offering.

Canberra
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed at the Travelodge for two nights while visiting an exhibition at the Sydney Museum in January. I booked a king room which was ok - bathroom was big but the rooms are quite dated. I booked this room for two adults and one child and there was only two sets of towels which I found annoying although this was rectified by a trip to reception. If you are travelling with children be warned that there is absolutely no facilities here for them!!
Breakfast was nice but the staff were clearly unable to keep up with the demand and both mornings people were trying to chase down staff to obtain more bowls/cups/cutlery etc.
The really annoying part of the stay is that nine days, yes NINE days after checking out the hotel continues to hold $205 as a security payment on my VISA debit card. I know it's usual practice to place a security hold but I've always had this returned immediately on my departure.
Called the hotel who blamed the bank, called the bank who said that they haven't received authorisation to release the funds, back to the hotel who say they have. I don't have a credit card so this is $205 of my everyday money that I have not been able to access for the last nine days.
I will NOT be staying at this hotel again and would NOT recommend it to my friends or family based on the level of service and the security deposit problems I'm continuing to have!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Arthur R, General Manager at Travelodge Macquarie North Ryde, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear BICCanberra

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip advisor for your recent stay at the Travelodge Macquarie North Ryde. Please excuse my delayed response, my name is Arthur Rojas and I am the new Hotel Manager here.

I do apologise for the inconvenience in regards to your credit card and the funds held. It is policy that an authorisation of the card is taken on check in; usually this will incorporate an amount to cover the room cost plus $50 in incidentals. The amount on hold will be released once the amount is used by the hotel to settle the bill or if an alternative method of payment is used the bank releases the funds automatically. The downside of the 2nd option is that the auto release will vary from bank to bank (5-15 days). The disappointing aspect is that the initial phone call by you to the hotel should have been handled much better by us, as the bank mentioned a simple fax from us requesting a release of the funds would have released the money back to your credit within 24 hours. I will be speaking to all the team here during our next team meeting to clarify the correct procedure.

If the matter with you credit card hasn’t been resolved, please email me directly via arojas@travelodge.com.au and I will personally look into this for you. I would also like to get in contact with you to discuss how we can improve our product. How we could cater for children would be of interest to me.

Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

this is the first time i have stayed at north ryde i found it pleasant and quiet public transport is good their is a bus stop on talavera road outside the hotel . or you can walk to the railway station through the uni the room was open plan too the bed was really comfortable too and macquarie shopping centre is close to buy your food too overal was a nice stay .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear daniel77_13

It wonderful to read that you enjoyed both your stay with us and our location on the Macquarie University Campus. To add to what you have written, we also have a shuttle bus service which we run weekday mornings (5 times per weekday) travelling to nearby business parks, train station and shopping centre.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

This place sucks so bad. the "kingsize" bed was 2 single beds put together, the room in general was basic and with cheap furniture, the bathroom was pretty gross, there's no bar but they sell beers for $9 each at the front desk. Staff are basically useless I left up a do not disturb sign and had a pile of receipts next to my bad with a napkin on top with "Please do not throw out" written on it, my room was entered and all the receipts I needed for reimbursement were binned bought this to the attention of the front desk who just shrugged and said "oh well". The location also sucks. Not only will I never stay again I'll actively tell others to avoid this place.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Patrick B

Thank you for posting your review on Trip advisor. My name is Arthur Rojas and I am the new Hotel Manager here at the Travelodge Macquarie North Ryde. Please excuse my delayed response to your feedback.

I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused during your stay with us. I will be personally speaking to the Housekeeping department to ensure an incident of this nature does not reoccur. I will also be sharing your experience with my Reception team during our next team meeting to discuss the importance of stronger customer service.

In regards to your comments to our beds, yes our King beds are of the split bed variety, this has become an industry norm as this allows hotels greater flexibility in providing bedding options to our guests. I can assure you the beds are well maintained by our Housekeeping team. We also provide rooms with traditional Queen size beds (no split) .

Thank you for your time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Ryde
Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde
Travelodge Hotel Blacktown
Travelodge Manly - Warringah
Travelodge Bankstown Hotel

Been to Travelodge Macquarie North Ryde? Share your experiences!