“Convenient for business traveller” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quest North Ryde

You added Quest North Ryde to your Saves list
Quest North Ryde
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   58-62 Delhi Road, North Ryde, Ryde, New South Wales 2113, Australia   |
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in North Ryde
Canberra, Australia
“Convenient for business traveller”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

My 'studio apartment' was really only a motel room with a small kitchenette. However it met my needs and was comfortable and convenient. Only drawback is distance from any shops - you only have the in-house restaurant and one next door. If you know this ahead you can plan for it. I would stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

QNR_2113, Business Development Manager at Quest North Ryde, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Warren M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor and we are pleased to read your kind words.

Our Studio Apartments are traditional hotel style rooms however they do feature a kitchenette where you will find a microwave, toaster, a slightly larger minibar fridge, cutlery & crockery as well as your standard tea and coffee making facilities. These facilities are perfect for a shorter stay and is convenient for preparing simple meals such a breakfast.

The hotel is located away from shops however should you require any groceries and are unable to make your way to a supermarket we offer a Pantry Shopping service for all our guests. Please ask for the Pantry Shopping Order Form when making your reservation or find it in the in-room compendium and we will go shopping for you and your groceries will be placed in the apartment for you to enjoy.

Alternatively North Ryde Train Station is located approximately 500 meters from the hotel and you will find trains taking you to Chatswood with access to Westfield Shopping Center in one direction and Macquarie Shopping Center in the other direction.

Again thank you very much for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future.

Quest North Ryde

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Great size room and great restaurant on site. Location was terrific and easy to get to. Very quiet site with option of another place to eat next door. Room has good selection of mini bar items and good coffee option in room

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

QNR_2113, Business Development Manager at Quest North Ryde, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Dear Tim R,

Thank you very much for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. It is always a pleasure to read positive comments regarding our property.

Quest North Ryde strives to meet and exceed our guests expectations and we are pleased to hear that we were able to meet your expectations during your stay with us.

We will ensure your comments are passed onto both our onsite restaurant Atlantis Bar & Dining and Fourno which is located next door.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

A good deal for those who are visiting for business in North Ryde. The Hotel is located near the office area but other than that it is quite far from the city lights...! I personally don't care and would rather avoid local travel so that works for me. But you may want to consider it while booking.

Dear Shashank S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. Your comments and tips are very much appreciated.

We are located in the North Ryde and Macquarie Park Business Park which is perfect if you are travelling for business, wherever your company is located in either of the business parks we offer a complimentary shuttle bus morning and afternoon Monday-Friday to make your commute to the office as comfortable as possible.

If you are travelling for leisure we are located right next to Lane Cove National Park giving the hotel a quiet and peaceful surrounding. If you want to travel into Sydney CBD North Ryde train station is located approximately 500 meters from the hotel and it would take less than 30 minutes to get into the city.

Again thank you very much for your review and comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future.

Canberra, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I was booked into a room at Quest as a part of a 3 room booking via Wotif - first mistake, since learning it would have been cheaper to book directly on the Quest website...and perhaps I wouldn't have been treated like a second class citizen by the staff who seemed to have disdain for the fact we'd booked through Wotif.

Everything was mostly fine except for the key having to be reissued 2x both when trying to access the car park/lift upon arrival and again when returning from our night out.

The problems started over breakfast. I was very much led to believe breakfast was included as a part of the package by;

1. Having the breakfast times volunteered by staff at check in
2. The times were are restated in a letter personally addressed to me which I received at check in
3. It's again restated in the in room service book.

At no point was it mentioned this would cost $59!!!! Per couple. So we had breakfast, the guy took my number - not uncommon in any hotel around the world as they check off guests who've eaten - and upon returning to the room someone else in my group called and said they were going elsewhere for breakfast as it would cost too much at which point I asked ' isn't it included?' - as this is what I'd been led to believe several times by staff and the associated literature. Next thing I get a call to say our breakfast had been charged to the room at a cost of $59/cpl!!! I've had a $30 buffett breakfast before - it was at The Intercontinental at Coogee Beach and included an omelette chef, and a full bakery section - the Quest breakfast is a far cry from that!

Upon checking out I informed the receptionist that I wasn't happy about being charged and felt incredibly misled only to be told that she 'didn't make me go into the breakfast room' (despite being the one who'd informed me of the times and given me the letter the previous day) - and she also tried to compare it to the car parking I'd paid for - except...I'd actually been informed about the cost of that! She was incredibly rude to me and finalised the transaction by saying 'but I see your point'.
I'll concede that I should have been more across the T&C of the booking but Quest certainly didn't go out of their way to prevent any misunderstandings. I got the impression that this situation may occur regularly as the receptionist was quick to waive the 1.5% credit card surcharge (again...what is that about - is Quest trying to drum up cash sales to pay their staff under the counter or something!?). I was also informed that the restaurant is run separately and I should 'take it up with them' regarding the exhorbitant cost for breakfast.

I honestly believe Quest uses these underhand tactics to extract more money out of their guests, especially those who've booked through 3rd party sites in an attempt to recoup commissions paid. It's poor and shoddy business practice and Quest should be ashamed of themselves. They are also abetted by the fact there are no other dining options in the immediate vicinity of the hotel so guests are left with little option but to pony up the $59 - made easier if they can make you do it unknowingly.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear K_C2488,

Thank you for taking the time to review us here on TripAdvisor.

We are however disappointing to hear that we did not live up to your expectations, Quest North Ryde strives to always meet and exceed our guests expectations and the level of service and your experience is not the standard Quest North Ryde strives to provide.

We can ensure you that it was never and is never the intention of Quest North Ryde to mislead any of our guests. The information in regards to breakfast options available in the area is supplied in a manner of providing customer service to our guests. We will take your comments into consideration and reevaluate the wording of our material describing breakfast options to ensure this confusion does not happen again. We do apologise for the inconvenience this caused during your stay.

Again thank you for giving us the opportunity to address your concerns and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 10 days. I had been warned the only problem is not many options for food if you have no car. Atlantis is in the hotel, however, I found it to be expensive. There is a very good restaurant on the other side of hotel (10ft), this pizzeria made up for it. Everything is good there. As a business traveler, I found the studio to be perfect. The shower alone was worth the stay, high pressure. Room was clean, room chilly, no bugs. I loved chatting with the staff. Very kind people, happy bubbly attitudes. I will return again. Thank you I will miss talking to the lobby staff.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
QNR_2113, Business Development Manager at Quest North Ryde, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Frank,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will ensure your comments are passed on to the appropriate departments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Quest North Ryde again in the future.

Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I recently booked two x 3 bedroom apartments at the Quest North Ryde for a period of 10 days for my National team to attend the Australian Age Championships,which gave them a booking worth over $4000, Yet when one of my athletes went down stairs to use the spa for recovery after a heat swim(of which he qualified 3rd!AND COULD NOT SWIM THE FINAL or the rest of his events for the week) as he sat on the seat and lent back against the wall of the spa, the filter( or as they are telling us overflow) sucked his back so hard that he could not get free himself and needed 2 fellow team mates over 6' to release him from the suction I told them immediately and took him to the nearest hospital (the hospital staff was horrified at the injury!) Yet the hotel will not acknowledge responsibility. What if this had of been a small child!!! DISGUSTED!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
ANDJOSydeny, Owner at Quest North Ryde, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Michelle,

Quest North Ryde deeply regrets the injury to your athlete.
As communicated to you and parent of the athlete Quest North Ryde is confident that the equipment was operating as designed. Further our contractors are unable to explain how this incident may have occurred in manner described.

Guest safety and security are Quest North Ryde’s first priority and as such we have taken very seriously the event and are working to ensure that it may not be replicated in any circumstance.

Andrew Edsor
Franchise Manager
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I stay here frequently for work. It has very fast and friendly check in, very clean and spacious rooms and is very close to public transport.

I walk in, I am checked in quickly, meals are great and easy to order in the room or at the restaurant or they do charge back from the restaurant next door as well , I check out after a few nights and I'm off again.

What I like most is the fact that it just flows without a glitch which is very important to me as a frequent traveller.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

QNR_2113, Business Development Manager at Quest North Ryde, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Travellersw2014,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us here on TripAdvisor.

Quest North Ryde strives to always meet and exceed our guest's expectations and we are delighted to hear that you enjoy staying with us.

We attempt to make all transactions for both our regular guests and new guests as smooth as possible and we are happy to hear that you find it an overall pleasant encounter.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again after the Easter and Anzac holidays.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Ryde
Meriton Serviced Apartments North Ryde
Travelodge Macquarie North Ryde
Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde
Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde
MGSM Executive Hotel and Conference Centre
Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta

Been to Quest North Ryde? Share your experiences!