“Only stayed 10 minutes” 1 of 5 stars
Review of John Hunter Motel

John Hunter Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Muswellbrook
John Hunter Motel
You added John Hunter Motel to your Saves list
91-93 Maitland Road, Muswellbrook, New South Wales NSW 2333 , Australia   |
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Muswellbrook
Port Macquarie, Australia
“Only stayed 10 minutes”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

It had been about 2 years since we had been away for even a weekend so even a weekend in muswellbrook for a family wedding seemed like a real treat.
Unfortunately when we arrived at the motel my dad had organised ' so we were all together' we were met with a room that hadn't seen renovation since the 80's. The fixtures were so old they were yellowing and the linen was so worn and faded that you had to feel sorry for the fabric, why hadn't it been allowed to retire yet after so many years of service?
For a rare occassion we just couldn't bare to stay, we left immediately to find something else which was at least equal to the level of quality we have at home, after all we hadn't signed up to go camping for the weekend.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Port Macquarie, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

Well located next door to Maccas. Very little highway noise. Was not asked to provide details on registering and was not offered a receipt..Spacious room, reasonably clean but the bed was awful - kept rolling into the centre. Expensive restaurant.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Wollongong, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2008

I stayed in the John Hunter Motel in Muswellbrook this past week, being the 3rd time I have stayed here on business travel in the past 3 years. The first time I stayed here I was booked in by colleagues, since then I have booked directly with the hotel. I paid AU$120 for the night for a room for 1 person. The room assigned had a Queen size bed and a single bed.

This hotel is large (not sure how many rooms, but it comprises 2 double story blocks linked by a covered walkway), and in each of my stays has been predominantly occupied by business travellers.

Being the week after New Year, the restaurant and bar was closed but room service was available. The staff were happy to recommend a nearby restaurant that was open, and was a good recommendation. When I have stayed there in the past I have had good evening meals in the restaurant, both on my own and with clients.

The hotel is a bit dated, however each time I have stayed there the rooms are in excellent condition and clean. In the summer it gets very hot in this area, and the air conditioning was a 'split system' and delivered cool air with no intrusive noises.

There is a swimming pool between the 2 buildings, but I did not use it.

Upsides - very comfortable, frienly staff, affordable, lots of car parking.

Downsides - can not book online, need to contact the property directly. I tend to prefer online bookings where available.

Would I recommend this hotel to my best friend?
Absolutely

I recommend this hotel for:
Business travellers

I do not recommend this hotel for:
Honeymoon

• Liked — Convenient Location, Comfortable rooms
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to John Hunter Motel? Share your experiences!