When booking the room I was asked if I wanted the "recently refurbished" room for $99 which I accepted for my sister and I. Whilst unpacking I noticed the mirrored wardrobe and also the mirror above the chest of draws dusty, covered in fingerprints etc. The lights above ladened with dust and cobwebs, one working, one not. A dead cockroach lay between the two bedside tables. I entered the bathroom to find numerous long hairs on the bathroom floor, wall tiles, back of door, and also soap remnants in the shower cubicle soap holder. The icing on the cake was when I opened up the day curtain to find a massive cobweb with resident spider living on the upper pane of the filthy window which was also covered in a black mould. I spoke to the receptionist who apologised and who advised me to bring my findings to the staff the following morning, to which I did. The head of housekeeping accompanied me back to the room and when entering she proceeded to ask if we had just showered. I knew where she was heading and I cut her off. I replied that we had just showered, but stating that both my sister and I have short hair. She inspected the bathroom and then the bedroom section with myself pointing out all of what I had reported the night before. Nothing in the way of apology was given. I can only say that do not go by the pictures on the web site for you will be very disappointed. The room we had (No.5) was not serviced prior to our arrival and it is in my opinion a very unhealthy environment to sleep in. Recently refurbished...........I do not think so!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.