“Australia Day Weekend in Lismore” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lismore Wilson Motel

You added Lismore Wilson Motel to your Saves list
Lismore Wilson Motel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   119 Ballina Road | Girards Hill, Lismore, New South Wales 2480, Australia   |
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Lismore
Brisbane, Australia
“Australia Day Weekend in Lismore”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

The Lismore Wilson Motel was most enjoyable. The staff member that greeted us was happy and welcoming. The room we had was large and had a separate bathroom. It was very clean and tidy. Someone had done some graffiti on the bible in the drawer which was rather childish. We didn't have to use the air conditioning so don't know if it was working or not. The weather was mild at night and with the windows open we had a 2 good sleeps. We prefer natural air to using an air conditioner. Parking was an issue for me because I don't like parking on a slope. I also needed to drive up to the top of the slope to turn the car around to drive out.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Terrigal, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

This is my second time at the Lismore Wilson and I recommend it highly. Very clean spacious rooms, comfortable beds and pleasant attentive service. Nothing was a problem for the delightful staff. Wifi is super fast and reliable. Very reasonable rates for a great little place. Thanks guys!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed overnight at the Wilson and it was perfectly adequate. The beds are old and the rooms are a little 'tired', but the service was lovely and it was in a convenient location. The gardens around and the capacity to sit out on the shared balcony were also a big plus.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hope Island, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Stayed here on a recent motorbike group ride & was very happy. Very friendly person on reception when we arrived. Units were spacious & very comfortable. Motel was in a god location as we walked a couple if blocks to the Working Men's Club for dinner.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I was back in Lismore for a high school reunion after many years, chose the Wilson because it was well rated, easy walking distance to the main reunion venue, and very reasonable cost (they offer a good discount for 3 or more nights). I was very happy with the choice. The rooms are quite large (at least double the size of the newer Gateway just down the road), well furnished and equipped. The bed was comfortable, the free in-room wi-fi worked well, the staff were friendly and helpful, and there was no scrimping on in-room supplies (tea/coffee/milk/biscuits, bathroom stuff, etc). The usual fridge (with ice tray!) and hairdryer, plus iron and ironing board, comfortable chairs, opening windows, and an effective air conditioner in hot/humid weather.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Grafton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I choose to stay at the Wilson every fortnight for work. I could stay anywhere in Lismore but I love the position, the comfort, the cleanliness and the personal service I receive at the motel. I have stayed in the spa room and love it. I have been staying here for several years now and have NEVER seen a cockroach, I would be out of here in a second if I did!!!
The rooms are bigger than your average motel room and the free WiFi is great.
The food and the service are top standard and I will continue to stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed one night with wife and small child, arrived at room late only to discover cockroaches all over the tattered carpet. My 5 year old would not let me put her down on the floor because of all the roaches, I sat her on the bed while I started wacking them with my shoe. We had the spa room, SPA! I would rather wash myself in the toilet as the spa was only good for urinating in. It was 9:30pm and none of us could get to sleep due to the football team next door having a booze up. I picked up the phone and called reception demanding to be moved out of this cockroach infested cespool. We would have been more comfortable sleeping on the street than in this run down rat ranch.We were given another room (cockroach free) and a little less noisy, and soon as it was sun up we were out of there. If staying in Lismore try the bed and breakfast down the road - we will next time!

Room Tip: Do not book the spa room - stay elsewere if possible
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Nathan S, Manager at Lismore Wilson Motel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
We are very disappointed to hear you had such a horrible stay with us. It is a little surprising to receive such a spiteful review when you didn't have any complaints or comments to make while you were here and seemed relatively happy.
There was a group staying who were sitting on the verandah outside their rooms, but were not a 'football team having a booze up', were quiet and in their rooms by 10, middle aged and we didn't have any complaints from our other guests staying next to them.
You did call asking if you could be moved and we happily gave you another room at the furthest end of the motel. At this time you made no mention of any problems with cockroaches, or cleanliness only that your daughter couldn't sleep because of the noise.
We haven't hadn't any complaints about our spas before and have not heard anything from any other guests about cockroaches, but we continue to work very hard to keep our rooms spotless.
Again when you came to check out you had another opportunity to mention something about the 'cockroach infested cespool' and the that the 'spa was only good for urinating in'. But you said everything was fine, now we get a horrible, vengeful and insulting review that undoes a lot of the hard work we do to maintain a good reputation and deliver a great service to our guests. We feel we dealt with any request you had in the best way we could, and if you had of raised these other concerns with us we could have done something for you but instead we get a cowardly review on the internet that we can do nothing about.

Been to Lismore Wilson Motel? Share your experiences!