“Great Kebabs - served with a smile and a joke” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #46 of 81 Restaurants in Lismore
Cuisines: International
Lismore, Australia
“Great Kebabs - served with a smile and a joke”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I don't know what kebab shop the last reviewer went to, but I regularly have a kebab from Kol's as I work nearby and it's a terrific little shop. The kebabs are great and the service is usually spot on. Sometimes they are very busy (a testament to their fresh and tasty kebabs I suspect) and there can be a short wait - but the ticketing system ensures everyone gets served in turn. Kol and his partner are always cheerful and happy to have a quick joke with the customers. Occasionally a sauce has been left off my kebab and that has been cheerfully and immediately corrected - no tantrums or rudeness. I've been to this shop many times and I don't recognise it from the last reviewer's description. If you like fresh, tasty kebabs served with a smile give Kol a go.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Byron Bay, Australia
“By far the worst food experience I've ever had in the Lismore, Northern Rivers NSW area”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

By far the worst food experience I've ever had in the Lismore, Northern Rivers NSW area. In short, I would refuse to go back to Kol's Kebabs Lismore even if you paid me to. Although the food isn't terrible, the service here is absolutely appalling. The staff at Kol's Kebabs show a total disregard for their customers, and fail to recognise that bad service translates into bad business. I'm usually the forgiving type when restaurant staff make a mistake, offer a simple apology, right the wrong (and perhaps even offer a 'sweetener'), but the service we received at Kol's Kebabs is simply inexcusable.

We clearly made our order, waited for it to be prepared, thanked the staff, collected our take away order, and went on our way. After unpacking our orders, we discovered there had clearly been a mix up, since the orders we received were completely different different to what we had ordered. We were a little frustrated, but happy to walk all the way back to Kol's Kebabs, clear things up, and ensure we received the correct order this time. Upon arriving, we kindly made the staff aware of the fact that there had been a mix up. I was patient and respectful, and never once raised my voice, or used abusive or inappropriate language.

The staff grabbed the order from me and threw it down on the bench. Never once did they offer any apology, recognise that there had been a problem, or apologise for any confusion (even though the mix up occurred completely at their end). No apology, no refund, no free drink or anything, just rude attitude and eventually the correct item which we wanted in the first place (albeit average tasting). I was absolutely appalled with our experience at Kol's Kebabs in Lismore and would recommend avoiding this restaurant. If staff had made a simple apology, things would have been very different. Looks like they'll be learning the hard way.

• Visited June 2012