“Food ok” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner
New South Wales, Australia
“Food ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We have eaten here twice now, the first time being over 6 months ago. The hotel was very busy, sunday lunch, we ordered our meal and waited nearly an hour for it arrive. People an another table complained about the long wait and were given free drinks. We went in again this week for lunch, only 2 meals ordered and waited 50 minutes for our meal again. The food is good, reasonably priced, but the wait is too long, especially if you only had 1 hour lunch break.

Visited January 2013

Lismore, Australia
“If your idea of good food is A LOT of food..go here!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Well we deviated tonight from our usual Thursday night restaurant under the recommendation of my uni student daughter to go to this place. Prices are good for this area with most mains running at around $16. I ordered the Marys Chicken and my friend ordered the Slow Roasted Lamb Shank. We were both a bit gobsmacked when the meal came out as it could of been a platter to feed four...for each of us. I personally dont find such big meals appetising.
My meal was breaded chicken breast of giant chicken with a creamy sauce with bacon, spring onion and I cant remember what else was in it, I chose to have it with vegies and chips. The food was fresh enough although not great tasting. It wasnt bad but it wasnt good. It was average. My friend didn't like hers at all and she loves lamb, i tasted it and it tasted somewhat of mutton. We ate maybe a quarter of our meals. We ordered a dessert to share, sticky date pudding, which was normal size and very nice.
Looking at the large table that had just left next to us, every plate had another meal at least left on their plate to be thrown away. I did ask to take my chicken home and they put it in a container for me, which could be good if you are on a budget.
Service was not bad, friendly enough but not attentive, it is a pub and they serve to the table so I guess that should give it another point.
We both decided we would not be going to Marys again, for us its just not what we are looking for. Both my friend and I prefer quality over quantity, but if you are a big eater, or on a tight budget this might be a good option.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lismore, Australia
“Best pub meal in Lismore”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

This place has been renovated and its really excellent value.
The meals are huge I couldn't finish mine and I consider myself to have a healthy appetite. The food was great, very tasty.

• Visited February 2012