It was a misty, foggy, cool evening but the directions to find the Old Leura Dairy were clear as picture glass. This is a collection of old buildings restored with found objects and architectural offcasts nicely done to create a farm-like, city experience. Beds are great. Electronics work, the wood burner all stacked up and ready to light. We were in the Milking Shed, sleeps 4 comfortably. Good beds, nice linens and doonas. Extra half bath meant no one had to wait their turn. Each of the sheds and cottages are different and quirky in their own way. Staff was helpful and friendly. My only negative was really the location -- it is on the opposite side of Great Western Highway from the town of Leura, so you have to drive to get anywhere. But then, we came in a car so it shouldn't be a big deal (I just wanted to walk to town, thats all). Pricing was a little steep for the roughness of the furnishings and location,but I suppose in this tourist town, that should be expected as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Old Leura Dairy is leading the way in Australia's luxury, boutique, eco accommodation; offering a unique and exclusive travel experience in the beautiful World Heritage Blue Mountains. Nestled in the quaint village of Leura you are central to all the rugged beauty, attractions, dining experiences, pampering and shopping that the upper mountains have to offer. The eye of an artist appears throughout our wonderful, intimate and sensitive sanctuary. Come & experience Old Leura Dairy ...Where our goal is for our guests to leave taking "something" with them; an experience, a memory, an inspiration, a dream. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Old Leura Dairy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Leura Dairy Hotel Leura
- Old Leura Dairy Blue Mountains