The Waldorf Leura Gardens Resort is aptly named. Really it is a Motel but the term Motel conjures up pretty average rooms, all lined up one beside the other, rows of cars outside, and a forgettable reception. The Waldorf however, is nothing like that. It is a Motel with countless plusses . The rooms are large, comfortable, crisp clean linen, TV, DVD, arm chair, good beside lighting, reverse cycling air-conditioning, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, bathroom with the usual accessories. There is also a swimming pool, and despite me not having my children with me, I could see it was very child friendly - without it being a deterrent for those wanting a bit of peace and quiet. There was a pool/billiard room; a table tennis room; a large sitting room with permanent tea and coffee for guests and what looked like it would have been a toasty fireplace in winter. Outside there is a lovely garden, with cubby house for small children, a giant chess board. Around the corner from these, the garden transforms into an area that would make a wonderful setting for an outdoor wedding. The garden is in a few separate areas, with a bench tucked away near a small pond, ideal to read a book in the peace and quiet.
Breakfast is included in the price ($120 for a twin) and is the full monty. Cereals, fruits, pancakes, as well as all the normal cooked breakfast (eggs, bacon etc etc). Breakfast can be eaten inside or outside; inside the room isn't the prettiest of rooms, but it is fine.
All in all, the Waldorf was a really great place to stay, near the Everglade gardens, so a 5 minute drive from the centre of town, which just made it quiet and lovely.
At $120 for a double, I think this was very reasonable especially considering all the things the place has to offer.
- Also Known As:
- Waldorf Leura Gardens Hotel Leura
- Waldorf Leura Gardens Hotel
- Leura Gardens Hotel
- Waldorf Leura Gardens Resort Blue Mountains
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Leura Gardens Resort offers warm country hospitality set amidst 4.5 acres of landscaped gardens and overlooking the 4th fairway of Leura Golf Course, the Resort offers a relaxing and memorable venue for any occasion.The location is perfect, only minutes from all the attractions of the Blue Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your Waldorf Leura Gardens Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.