“Absolutely amazing food and fantastic service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eucalypt Restaurant

Eucalypt Restaurant
1 Sublime Point Road | Fairmont Resort, Leura, New South Wales NSW 2780, Australia
(02) 4785 0000
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 38 Restaurants in Leura
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Leura, Australia
“Absolutely amazing food and fantastic service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I took my parents and hubby to the Eucalypt Restaurant on a Saturday night - 19 May 2012. The food was absolutely amazing! The presentation of each meal was beautiful (in particular the desserts) and the flavours were even better. We don't go out for dinner very often so when we do we really hope to have a great dinner and this restaurant has definitely ticked all the right boxes. The pork belly is incredible and my hubby was nice enough to let me try his Megalong Beef Medallion which is probably the best beef I have ever tasted. For dessert, I had the chocolate and baileys souffle' - every bite was so tasty.

The atmosphere of the restaurant was lovely. The lighting was great - some restaurants can be quite dimely lit which makes it a bit hard to even see what you're eating, however, lighting in the Eucalypt was great (not too dim, not too bright). The background music was a great volume too. A very relaxed atmosphere.

Our waitress was Jessie and she was really friendly and professional. Both Jessie and the other waiter (didn't get his name) were very attentive. Our orders were taken quite quickly and we found there was a good time gap between each meal.

It's really great to see that the Fairmont Resort can offer such a wonderful restaurant. It's definitely worth a visit!

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Sydney, Australia
“Excellent Silver Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Visited the Eucalypt for dinner. Wow what a lovely restaurant. So good to see the Fairmont has returned.
Excellent service, waiters very attentive.
Food delicious and very tasty.
Nice white table cloths, sparkling glassware and polished silverware, all you would expect at a Silver Service restaurant.
I would definitely eat here again.
Thoroughly recommended.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Interesting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

Food and service was not quite what I expected. Food was very nice but I felt overpriced for what you actually got. Service was okay and it was not that busy so thought waiters could have been more attentive. Found a little slow

Visited December 2011
Wollongong
“Two nights in a row and both times amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

Once the locals discover this place it will be harder to get bookings as the food is tremendous at reasonable prices for what is on offer.
Mu son and I were lucky enough to be staying at the Fairmont when they just introduced this new menu and the first night we were going to book the kitchen was getting a refit as part of the hotel major hotel refurb underway so we booked for the next night and were not disappointed.
Service staff were excellent, friendly and professional at the same time. Happy to chat if they could see all tables had been attended and also happy to help with recommendations as they all had a tasting of all the items on the new menu so could speak with authority.I wasn't planning on eating in Eucalypt 2 nights in a row but the meal was so good the first night we ended up back there the 2nd night.
I can tell you exactly what we had as my smartphone takes great pics so I snapped the menu as I knew i wouldn't remember in detail for this review.
My son for entree on the first night had 'Freshly shucked Wallis Lake rock oysters (6)." They had a "Champagne sabayon, caviar and lime on ice." Check my photos to see how they looked. I was hoping to try maybe one as I was paying but my son devoured them all and he's a very good man so I didn't begrudge him, he didn't get any of my entree either which was a "Oeking duck consomme with quail egg omelette". The omelette may be hard to see in the soup photo as it was a thin strip of the omelette that was then curled and placed in the bowl. The presentation on all dishes was outstanding.
I could see we had a different chef on the 2nd night as I had the same mains and dessert both nights but they had slightly more flair on the first night in moino ways that wasn't there on the 2nd night, still fantastic tasting meals both nights.
For the first night my son had for mains "Harissa spiced bone in beast of chicken, on Spanish atchara with coriander dressing." He loved it.
I had "Rolled Asian inspired goose with bok choy, shitake mushrooms and lychee (3) with master broth." From my entree and main you can tell I like Asian cusine. The master broth was too die for and I kept trying to soak it up with each fork-full of my meal so as not to leave any on the plate. Yummmm!
Dessert for my son was "Caramelized banana and honey tart with cinnamon ice-cream, fresh honeycomb and choclate butterflies." Once again, please look at the photos to see how this was presented, it was outstanding.
We had three great waitresses during the night, Kylie, Jessie and Sigrid. Sigrid from memory recommended the "Rocky road souffle with American jelly bean ice cream". Believe me, the description does not do the dish justice, I have provided a before and after in the photos so you could see how much I enjoyed it. You got 3 elements on the dish when it comes to you, the souffle perfectly cooked and risen in its ramekin as well as a separate scoop of icrecream with a toffee net delicately placed on the top half of the scoop and up the other end of the long rectangular plate, the third element, a shooter glass filled with warm liquid chocolate.
We were informed by our waitress the chef had won some competition or award for this dessert in America and I can understand why.
I was informed by Sigrid the best way to enjoy all this was to scoop out some of the middle from the souffle, this was delicious just eating this, then plonk the icrecream in the hole in the souffle and finally pour the chocolate sauce over the top of the lot. It was deeelicious and yummmm! I can highly recommend going just to have this dessert! The price of this dessert was very cheap and I'm not sure if that's to get the word out or what but I will happily do my part as I would definitely recommend it.
Second night I only changed my entree as I knew I wanted the same delicious goose dish and same fantastic dessert. My entree was "Braised pork belly with celeraic mousseline." Very nice dish and really enjoyed it.
My son on the second night had all different dishes from the night before. For entree he had "Scallops in shell nestled on snow pea hair finished with fresh berry salsa." He loved it, none for Dad again.
Main course my son chose was "Seared swordfish, grilled red claw yabbie on baby leeks finshed with caviar beurre blanc and lime cheek." He said it was fantastic.
His dessert on the 2nd night was "Layered berry, white chocolate and rosewater Semifreddo with pistachio tuille" and this also got a big thumbs up from my son.
In summary, food was first class, 5 star fare with excellent service in nice surroundings.
I don't know when we will be back next but I know I will be eating at the Eucalypt to try some of the other delectable dishes on the menu when we do make it to Leura next.

• Visited December 2011