“Very, very nice!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 74 Restaurants in Katoomba
Cuisines: French
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: QUALITY TRADITIONAL FRENCH CUISINE REASONABLY PRICED, WONDERFUL LOCATION AND AMBIANCE WITH SPECTACULAR VIEWS OF THE JAMISON VALLEY. BAR, EXTENSIVE REASONABLY PRICED WINE LIST, BYO WINE OUTSIDE DINING, BEAUTIFULLY RESTORED EDWARDIAN BUILDING BUILT 1895 GUEST HOUSE WITH FOUR LUXURY GUESTROOMS, DESSERT OF THE WEEK. OFTEN LIVE DINING MUSIC ON WEEKENDS
Wentworth Falls, Australia
“Very, very nice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Classic French cuisine - very well executed. Great friendly, helpful staff. Very enjoyable lunch. The ambience of the place was absolutely charming.

Mount Tamborine, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of my most memorable meals.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I read some trip advisor reviews of this restaurant after I had booked and was nearly going to call and cancel the booking.
I am so pleased I didn't.
I realise we all have different expectations, but I could not fault the place.
I have travelled the entire world many times over many years and had a lot of wondeful dining experiences, and I have to add The Rooster to my top list.
Firstly the building. It is old, quaint and very well presented. The restaurant covers several rooms of the old house. Beautiful ceilings, lovely fittings, a large warm fire blazing. Tables with crisp white linen, large comfy dining chairs.
It was a quiet night, only three or four tables. The waiter was certainly amongst the most professional I have ever come across. He knew the menu backwards, had a perfect, unobtrusive approach, yet was friendly and helpful. He reminded me of the best of european waiters.
The wine list was very varied and comprehensive and the waiter assisted us to find the perfect accompaniment to our meal.
The menu was very good, not huge, but adequate. Prices are reasonable around the $80 mark per person for three courses, excluding wine. Our meal was worth every cent.
Escargot were excellent, as were the sheeps kidneys for entree. Just wonderful. The duck and the ox cheek for mains were large meals that we could not find any fault with.
Desserts and cheese platter were wonderful.
The whole evening was very special, and I hope that everyone who reads this and goes to The Rooster has a similar experience, because I can honestly say, this is amongst the top dining experiences in my life.

Visited June 2013
Bateau Bay, Australia
“Great night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Wonderful meal, with great service. Great view, and lovely and warm on a cold night. Service was good.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Outstanding food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

A friend and I spent a delightful evening at the famous Rooster Restaurant at the end of April. The restaurant is cosy and welcoming and has distinct old-world charm. It almost felt like diving into a different world, a bygone era, or going overseas without hopping on a plane. One of the highlights of the night - besides the food of course - was definitely the service. Our waiter Barry is clearly a professional and relates to his guests in a lovely, unobtrusive and caring manner. The food is exquisite. Those who are looking for an authentic French dining experience are in the right place. I had the Cheese Soufflé for starter, the Cassoulet as a main and Crème Brûlée to finish off. I do recommend choosing at least one light main, though - a lesson for next time.

Adelaide
“Customer Service Needs Improving”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We had dinner at the Rooster on a Saturday night and had a few issues. Firstly they twice they didn't have the wine that was on the wine list. One of the main courses had to be returned was the meat was too tough, they did replace the main course with another dish. To finish the meal they didn't return to the table to take our dessert and dessert wine order.

Visited May 2013