Having spent three weeks travelling around Australia and staying in 4/5 star hotels, we decided to try a B&B. Reviews were good and so we booked. A great decision! We noticed in the blurb that you could use their facilities to heat up your own food. This appealed after weeks of restaurant food. I hadn't anticipated quite what was in store. Yes the microwave was in the dining room but it was softly lit, with antique/period furniture and two large Chesterfield sofas to relax on. We thought we were the only people there because it was really quiet. We heated our lasagne and sat at a lovely table with a bottle of wine and candle light. We then moved into th other sitting room with our coffee (made from fresh coffee beans) and selected a dvd to watch, sprawlilng out on two comfortable sofas, one each! We then had a glass of port (free) with our coffee whilst watching the film.Our room, with en-suite bathroom, was not huge but extremely comfortable, with a superbly comfortable bed and delightful period décor.
Breakfast was included in the price and when we went down to the dining room, we found it full of the other visitors. The hotel was full that night but we were completely unaware of any noise from other rooms.
My only regret is that we live in the Uk and will not be returning but are so glad to have been able to have this experience.
- Also Known As:
- Kurrara Guest House Hotel
- Kurrara Guest House Hotel Katoomba
- Kurrara Historic Guest House Katoomba, Blue Mountains
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kurrara Guest House was built in 1902 as one of the first guest houses in Katoomba. It was recently purchased by new owners on 2nd May 2012, and has undergone a transformation. Our beautiful Mountains Guest House is central heated, and offers 3 spa en suites, with 4-poster beds and period furnishings. 5 upstairs shower en suites are individually decorated and have been recently refurbished. Our guests enjoy relaxing in our communal lounges around Victorian gas log fires and a large screen TV/DVD & library. Enjoy tea & coffee on arrival, and complimentary Port. We offer a full continental breakfast of homemade muesli, cereals, freshly baked bread, fruit, yogurt, and fresh juice. Free wifi is available in all rooms. Kurrara has its own private carpark and off street parking. Situated on a quiet and peaceful corner, surrounded by rhododendrons and mature trees. We are within walking distance to Katoomba town centre and wonderful restaurants, Echo Point and The Three Sisters and the many bushwalks in the surrounding area.We welcome you to stay with us and become part of an 110 year tradition of visitors to Kurrara. You won't want to leave! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Kurrara Historic Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.