I stayed in this guest house last weekend and had an awesome stay - it has so much character. It's run by a very welcoming and friendly couple, Ian even offered me a lift back to the station when I was rushing for the train. One of the mornings I had to be up at the crack of dawn, so was invited to help myself from the breakfast room - yoghurts, cereal, milk, fruit etc. Loved the old sash windows and light fittings, and the bed was super comfy.
Walls upstairs a little thin, so could hear the telly in the next room, but apart from that no qualms. I'd say stay here if you like things a little different from your bog standard hotel room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kurrara Guest House was built in 1902 as one of the first guest houses in Katoomba. It was recently purchased by new owners on 2nd May 2012, and has undergone a transformation. Our beautiful Mountains Guest House is central heated, and offers 3 spa en suites, with 4-poster beds and period furnishings. 5 upstairs shower en suites are individually decorated and have been recently refurbished. Our guests enjoy relaxing in our communal lounges around Victorian gas log fires and a large screen TV/DVD & library. Enjoy tea & coffee on arrival, and complimentary Port. We offer a full continental breakfast of homemade muesli, cereals, freshly baked bread, fruit, yogurt, and fresh juice. Free wifi is available in all rooms. Kurrara has its own private carpark and off street parking. Situated on a quiet and peaceful corner, surrounded by rhododendrons and mature trees. We are within walking distance to Katoomba town centre and wonderful restaurants, Echo Point and The Three Sisters and the many bushwalks in the surrounding area.We welcome you to stay with us and become part of an 110 year tradition of visitors to Kurrara. You won't want to leave! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Kurrara Historic Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kurrara Guest House Hotel Katoomba
- Kurrara Historic Guest House Katoomba, Blue Mountains