I recently stayed with my partner, and we both thought it was lovely! It's cosy warm quiet and the service was great! the host is very friendly and helpful! Kuarra is an old house and I had seen the complaints about it being dusty dirty which this is not 100% correct ! The place is very tidy a little clutterd but that's the charm of a 18 century house all the wonderful bits and pieces all the pictures all very fascinating! Everywhere you look you see something new! With this place you get what you pay for they have very cheap prices and you can't expect it to be 5 star accomadation when your paying 80-200$ a night, people really should stop complaining if your going to be all prissy and complain about a spec of dust or it's not up to your standards then do some more research before you book call up the place ask questions don't rely on reviews and silly webpages nothings ever correct on the Internet these days, and maybe make your accommodation budget higher and stay somewhere that is 350$ a night which should be up to your fussy standards. But if your are easy going and love a little old cozy house with a friendly down to earth host then Kuarra guest house is for you! I will defiantly recommed this place and i will return in the future. Thank you for a good nights rest !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kurrara Guest House was built in 1902 as one of the first guest houses in Katoomba. It was recently purchased by new owners on 2nd May 2012, and has undergone a transformation. Our beautiful Mountains Guest House is central heated, and offers 3 spa en suites, with 4-poster beds and period furnishings. 5 upstairs shower en suites are individually decorated and have been recently refurbished. Our guests enjoy relaxing in our communal lounges around Victorian gas log fires and a large screen TV/DVD & library. Enjoy tea & coffee on arrival, and complimentary Port. We offer a full continental breakfast of homemade muesli, cereals, freshly baked bread, fruit, yogurt, and fresh juice. Free wifi is available in all rooms. Kurrara has its own private carpark and off street parking. Situated on a quiet and peaceful corner, surrounded by rhododendrons and mature trees. We are within walking distance to Katoomba town centre and wonderful restaurants, Echo Point and The Three Sisters and the many bushwalks in the surrounding area.We welcome you to stay with us and become part of an 110 year tradition of visitors to Kurrara. You won't want to leave! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Kurrara Historic Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kurrara Guest House Hotel Katoomba
- Kurrara Historic Guest House Katoomba, Blue Mountains