We booked this through Wotif, no problems.
The place itself was superb, reminded me of home (England), as the house is Victorian (1897) wooden and full of character.
We had the Bluebell room which to be honest probably had the most comfortable bed we have slept in since starting our travels 6 months ago.
The man who addressed us on arrival is very friendly, John i think his name is, and there is off street parking so not too far to drag your luggage. Although if need be there was offer of assitance.
On top of the great cosy room there was free wireless internet, and although not everyone has a computer this was a great bonus for us.
There is also a cosy living room with a plasma tv for the guests to utilise and breakfast can be taken there, although we didnt participate, so cannot comment.
All in all a great stay and would recommend this place highly, especially as accomodation in Australia is so hit and miss.
- Also Known As:
- Kurrara Guest House Hotel
- Kurrara Guest House Hotel Katoomba
- Kurrara Historic Guest House Katoomba, Blue Mountains
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kurrara Guest House was built in 1902 as one of the first guest houses in Katoomba. It was recently purchased by new owners on 2nd May 2012, and has undergone a transformation. Our beautiful Mountains Guest House is central heated, and offers 3 spa en suites, with 4-poster beds and period furnishings. 5 upstairs shower en suites are individually decorated and have been recently refurbished. Our guests enjoy relaxing in our communal lounges around Victorian gas log fires and a large screen TV/DVD & library. Enjoy tea & coffee on arrival, and complimentary Port. We offer a full continental breakfast of homemade muesli, cereals, freshly baked bread, fruit, yogurt, and fresh juice. Free wifi is available in all rooms. Kurrara has its own private carpark and off street parking. Situated on a quiet and peaceful corner, surrounded by rhododendrons and mature trees. We are within walking distance to Katoomba town centre and wonderful restaurants, Echo Point and The Three Sisters and the many bushwalks in the surrounding area.We welcome you to stay with us and become part of an 110 year tradition of visitors to Kurrara. You won't want to leave! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Kurrara Historic Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.