“Excellent place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of 3 Sisters Motel

You added 3 Sisters Motel to your Saves list
3 Sisters Motel
3.5 of 5 Motel   |   348 Katoomba Street, Katoomba, New South Wales 2780, Australia   |
Special Rate
SPECIAL DEAL-$110 AUD
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Katoomba
Sydney
“Excellent place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2009

We have only just returned from the 3 sisters motel, and I thought it was time to actually write my own review of a hotel we chose from trip advisor!!. The service was excellent, the accommodation was wonderful and the food was very nice indeed. The motel is extremely family friendly, and I am so happy that I took my parents and children there. We had a great time.
All the staff are very caring and considerate. Very informative and helpful about the area of Blue Mountains too.
We stayed in the cottage in the motel complex. This was great as it had cooking facilities for us, as we have two babies. All in all a fabulous experience.

• Liked — the cooking facilities in the cottage, 2 bathrooms and 3 bedrooms. Useful and flexible when travelling with children.
  • Disliked — Very clean but decor slightly tired in places.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2009

My girlfriend and I decided to visit the Blue Mountains during the Christmas/New Year break for a nice holiday getaway.

We stayed here for 3 nights based on the best value deal we could get for the area, plus the positive reviews on Trip Advisor. We paid around $125 per night for the motel room, so the price was good. This rate also included a free continental breakfast, which was okay - basically cereal and toast. A nice touch and a good start to the day.

Ok the place is pretty dated, although the reception and dining area has recently been renovated. The rooms could do with some major updating as they're at least 30 years old. They do however have all the required items, except there was no hairdryer. The free in room movies was a nice addition (not that I could really spend time watching them with all the site-seeing). The room was comfortable and had good air-conditioning. There was no major noise problems (we were towards the corner of the block)

The down-side (apart from the dated rooms) was the bathroom. The shower needs renovating. The bathroom light was positioned behind a wall such that the shower didn't get any light so this made it dark. Plus the shower water pressure was poor. The water was like a trickle and the balance between hot and cold was tricky to get right too. You may need to consider this if this would be an issue for you.

The best bit of the stay was the staff - they were friendly and polite (always asking how we were going), and also exceptionally helpful with tips and advice of where to go to site-see and where to eat. This is really important to me, and was much appreciated.

The location was fantastic - very close to Echo Point (within walking distance) to all the attractions in Katoomba (such as Scenic World) and all the bush walks.

Overall, if you're looking for a basic place to stay the night with a comfortable room, then this is the place for you. It's a great place to stay as a base for all your site-seeing adventures.

• Liked — Friendly and Helpful Staff
  • Disliked — Shower
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2008

I used to stay at this motel waaay back with my parents when I was a little boy. I used to love it round Katoomba, great scenery, fresh air...beautiful!

I was passing through Katoomba whilst travelling the Great Western Highway, time was getting on so I thought I'd pop in and see if they had any rooms for a night.

Met a very helpful lady on reception (the owner) who fixed me up with a room.

The Motel hasn't really changed since I used to stay there years ago. It has been well looked after though, its been freshly painted pretty regularly by the looks of things and it still looks great.

The rooms are basic, but really nice and cosy. I had a room with a double bed, (plus electric blanket) wall mounted telly, a fridge,a small wardrobe and an ensuite bathroom. As a child I remember the rooms having a 'breakfast hatch' by the door...I can remember getting excited as a child hearing the hatch open early in the morning and the trays with your breakfast coming through! The breakfast hatches are still there, only now they have been sealed off with a metal cover. The inside of the hatch now contained a jug kettle, some coffee mugs, tea spoons,a tea towel and some tea and coffee sachets.

The room was really clean and the sheets and blankets on the bed were spotless.

There was an ensuite bathroom/ shower with older style fixtures, they were also very clean and worked very well. Water pressure was good and the shower was nice and hot.

The price of the room included a complimentary continental style breakfast, it was served in the dining room by reception, it was unlimited help yourself cereals, toast, juices etc etc. It was very tasty and set me up nicely for the rest of my journey.

There was a restaurant at the motel called the 'Blank Canvas' I didn't have an evening meal there, but on talking to other guests who had eaten there they told me it was really good.

Parking at the motel is in a courtyard where you pull up right outside your unit.

The rooms were all non smoking, but outside your door there were ashtray pots provided for you to put your Winnie Red butts in, together with a nice bench to sit on. I enjoyed sitting out there in the morning with a cuppa, a smoke and listening to the Cockatoos shrieking in the distance.

Echo Point and the 3 Sisters are only a 10 minute walk from the motel (or 2 minutes in a car if you are lazy like me)

The quaint little town of Katoomba with all its interesting locals is about a 5 minute or so drive.

I would recommend the 3 Sisters Motel to anyone. It's basic...but it's clean, comfortable,the owners are friendly and I can't wait to come back soon.

Stayed December 2008
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2008

I booked this through an online site in Australia haveing checked the reviews here. On arrival i was struck by how friendly the guys are who run this place. That is the factor which makes the difference. They were helpful, friendly and funny - all plusses in my books.

The motel itself is very close to the 3 sisters - about 5 minutes walking. I found the room very small and a bit on the tired side. (Then again I had stayed in a great place in my travels for the previous 2 days).The whole place could do with being refurbished and as other reviews have commented it is basic- I understand that it has improved over the years and probably will continue to do so. They also have a restaurant on site which I didnt use but other patrons told me it was very good.

In my view the 3 sisters is a bit overpriced given the basic nature of the room. Although, in fairness it is in a very touristy area and this would tend to attract a higher charge.

In its favour the motel does a great breakfast which was included in the price. The breakfast was great plentiful,and the guys were full of enthusiasm, energy and nice chat. They also let me leave my car there for a while after I checked out. This was really helpful in a very touristy zone with limited parking.

For me what swings this review to better than average is the people who run the place. Because of them - not the room - I would definitely give this place a chance the next time.

Please feel free to contact me about this or any other reviews I have on Tripadvisor.

• Liked — Great staff and proximity to the sites
  • Disliked — SMall, Tired rooms
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2008

I just stayed at this nice little motel last weekend. Very comfortable stay and clean room, friendly staff, and so close to 3 sisters and scenic railway. With a free continental breakfast included in the hotel cost, I found it pretty good value! Happy to recommend to friends and will come back again for sure!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Newcastle Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2008

This motel is nothing flash. However it is clean, well kept and has most on the things a traveller needs. It has a restaurant and room services- the Lamb Shanks are pretty good. It has an internet kiosk (pay) and free wireless internet to the rooms.The location within very easy walking distance of the Three Sisters and Echo Point is a plus. The rooms are around the standard Australian motel room size, with a easy chair, table and chairs, TV,clock radio, wardrobe, A/C, ensuite, double bed, electric blankets, tea and coffee facilities, fridge etc.

The management are very friendly and nothing seems to be too much trouble.

I will be staying there again. I recommend it to anyone wants in a base for visiting the Blue Mountains who wants somewhere to stay, but does not need the full on guest house or expensive resort experience.

• Liked — Clean with good facilities; very friendly and helpful management, great location
  • Disliked — It is a reasonably long way to the Katoomba shops
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2008

You've seen the reviews and the top accomodation lists. 3 Sisters Motel will always be third after those two 5 stars, but you know what? You WILL NOT get the experience or the friendliness like you can at this little motel. That's what happens when you meet real people who have service and treat you as family. Yes, it's a motel that could be found on Route 66, but it is super clean and the mattresses and linens are brand new. Breakfast is a cheery affair and you will leave feeling renewed and ready to carry on all that driving. Don't hesitate on this one. Our nights hanging out with the staff here are the most memorable of our 2 weeks driving Australia!
Dinner can be had at their restaurant on site if you like or you can walk 15 minutes to Katoomba's main street restaurants. Or better yet..walk a block and treat yourself to a gourmet dinner at one of those 5 stars... one with the best chef in Australia and one with the best restaurant in Australia. That's right one block away to the best food in AUSTRALIA. And the reason you're here? 3 Sisters Motel is only 2 block walk to enjoy the 3 Sisters view which is great to do a few times a day to see it in different lighting. Okay enough researching already...make a decision, book this one and move on to the other million things you need to do for your trip. Have a nice time!

• Liked — Staff, proximity to 3 Sisters site, value
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to 3 Sisters Motel? Share your experiences!