“Comfortable & Homely” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Katoomba Town Centre

You added Katoomba Town Centre to your Saves list
Katoomba Town Centre
3.5 of 5 Motel   |   218-224 Katoomba St, Katoomba, New South Wales 2780, Australia   |
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Katoomba
Ripley, United Kingdom
“Comfortable & Homely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This isn't the the most modern place to stay compared to some places we have stayed in and its a bit old fashioned however its spotlessly clean, comfortable bed, great breakfast with a massive choice (thanks Lizzie),great service, good location,parking etc etc
Would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Launceston, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We were a group of 8 Tassie motorcyclists and stayed the night. Had pre booked and paid which wasn't a problem as it secured our accomodation. On arrival one of the family rooms for 4 in the group was changed to allow more space and comfort, and done so by the owner without our request. We were all impressed with the standard of the rooms, and the motel is great because of close proximity to the town centre and services. As we had 8 motorcycles we took up a bit of the carpark, but were accomodated by the owner, and they were out of sight for peace of mind and security. The wonderful breakfast was included in the tariff, and can be said to be fit for a king. There are some big appetities in our group and they were stumped by the amount and choice of hot and cold breakfast available. Thank you chef Lizzy for your friendly early morning chat outside, and in the breakfast room, and made the morning get off to a good start, especially as we had fog and rain to contend with on our departure. I have stayed in Katoomba on several other ocassions with other motorcycle groups from Tasmania, and I must say this complex was the best for location, friendly attitude, and everything to suit our needs. I will certainly stay again, and look forward to the return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Toukley, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Overall fine, and warm which was excellent in the middle of winter. Just a short walk from the station and handy to the shops.Value for money; the tariff included a hot breakfast which was nice, service good. The room was small but adequate.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Not bad, an older style place, park out front of your room. Very 1950's. Large rooms. Best value for money in the area. Good location. Walk to everything. Close to RSL and shops. Walk from train station if needed

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Ballarat, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Took the train to Katoomba from Central Station in Sydney. Two hour trip through some nice areas. Arrived, and had nothing really planned. Found this great motel in perfect location on the main street. The lady in reception went out of her way to give us a great price for an overnight stay. The room was upstairs, very clean, comfortable with fridge, tea and coffee.
Had a nice little balcony that looked into the tree tops with lots of birds (feathered ones) checking us out. The full breakfast was excellent, probably one of the best I have had for along time in a motel. A must to return to if ever back in Katoomba.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Had a spa room. Room size big, plenty of room. Desk plus table and two chairs. Spa was nice, bathroom average size. Shower very small and typical water saver head. Bed was comfortable.

Heating wise room well equipment, electric blankets, electric fake fire place, water heater and spilt air con. We had a road facing room so a little traffic noise nothing to bad. I guess rooms at the rear of the complex would be quiet.

Breakfast was included in our deal. Full hot breakfast and normal cereals and toast. No complains able to fill up and all items restocked. (Bacon, eggs (various ways), sausages, bake beans, spegitte, tomato, etc. No complains. If you don't get it in room package, its only $12 per person so good value.

Motel is located near Three sister so you could walk in about 30mins. Location is near RSL and situation on the main street.

Room was clean.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Branxton, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Comfortable hotel, great location, a little expensive for what it is - but we agreed to pay it on a busy weekend.
I gave them my CC details "for a $50 deposit" but when checking in found that the whole amount had been pre charged without me presenting my card, or agreeing to the charges. Mmmm - a little inappropriate.
Then on checking out questioned a charge. On saying that this had not been mentioned to me, the response was "well you didnt ask either". Mmmm for the second time. It was then I invoked what as a reasonabIe person I have have never said before, and said that I thought Trip Advisor may be interested in this...
An hour later a call from the husband saying that I had "abused" his wife. Clearly and patently incorrect. He wasnt there, but my friend was. Just plain wrong.
The Mr Charming said that he would be "paying me a visit at my house". Just who does this jerk think he is using such priveliged information in this way to threaten a customer!
But doesnt finish there. When I didnt accept his second call, he left a message telling me to"man up, come back and come and sort this thing out, you know where we are, and we know where you are" Also something about "paying my debts"... whatever that means when I have been told that it has all been charged to my CC)
(To the owner : I have saved this message if you would like me to play it to you.)
This bears out TA comment below on "attitude"
No sir - I will not be returning to "sort this thing out" - not now, not never!
Some people just lack the experience to operate a guest service - and/ or just get a little too old to handle situations correctly

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends