“Amazing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of High 'n Wild Mountain Adventures

High 'n Wild Mountain Adventures
207 Katoomba Street (in the YHA) | inside the Blue Mountains YHA, Katoomba, New South Wales 2780, Australia
+61 47826224
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 16 Activities in Katoomba
Type: Sports Camps/ Clinics, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: High and Wild Mountain Adventures has been operating since 1989. We offer Abseiling, Rock Climbing, Canyoning and Bush Survival courses. We cater for beginners through to experienced outdoor adventurers and hold all of the relevant qualifications and licenses to operate these activities.
“Amazing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Although my fear got the better of me and I couldn't get over the edge of two walls, the guide, Steve was very encouraging. He was very knowledgable of the area. It was an amazing day out.

Visited May 2013

Sydney, Australia
“Mini Jump Abseiling”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

First time abseiling and I had an absolute ball! Took a few of my friends with me and they also had a great time. The staff were very professional and friendly. I felt very safe for a first timer.

I would highly recommend High n Wild for anyone who is looking to get out there and be a bit more adventurous!

Visited May 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“A must do for an Australian Adventure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Did the Abseil/Canyon trip to Empress Falls and truly a great experience. It was a small group of 6 people with varying levels of experience and confidence, but Evan is very knowledgeable and made it a great day for all. He also makes a hell of a good sandwich for the picnic lunch!! No honey balls though ;) The day was capped off with an incredible abseil down Empress Falls. While the whole thing requires some athleticism, it is something that most people should be able to do.

Visited April 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Small Group, fabulous experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I did the Empress Falls Abseiling trip and it was awesome! Our guide was enthusiastic and knowledgeable. Our picnic lunch was quaint and delicious.

They have spare shoes that you can get wet, but I recommend a extra shirt and/or shorts etc to put over your swimsuit for the trek back up to the bus. A little more comfortable.

Visited March 2013
USA
9 attraction reviews
“Adventurous and Fun Morning!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We enjoyed a morning of abseiling with High & Wild. It was our first official abseiling experience and I must admit, this was harder than zip lining which is the closest thing to it I have done before.

They took us on three abseils. The first two required us to use our feet to come down the cliff. The third one is more of a slow fall where you dangle your legs. On all three you have to use your dominant hand behind your back to guide your pace - it takes some practice.

After you drop you have to hike back to where you dropped from. Sometimes the hike back is steep and rocky, but worth the thrill.

There was an option to do each abseil twice which was great because the practice really helps.

Our guides were great although it did seem like they were a little nonchalant about the whole thing - maybe because they are pros and have done this so many times. In any case the harness /equipment is so good that it's hard to go wrong. I guess we are just used to more inspection and attention that came with our previous experiences zip lining.

This was as much fun and a lot more adventurous & thrilling! Would recommend to anyone visiting the area.

Visited April 2013