We are a couple with a 22 month old daughter, and we stayed for a long weekend in August 2013.
Beautiful location with stunning views, absolutely divine food in the restaurant (not cheap to eat there but well worth it).
Shortly after arriving in our room we discovered that our air con wasn't working, and the staff tried everything they could to repair it but were unsuccessful. Staff were very apologetic and we were given two heaters to use instead, which was more than adequate to make the room temperature comfortable again for us.
This is a perfect hotel for couples wanting a romantic break, but our one constructive criticism is that they seem to be less experienced at dealing with families with young children. While the standard of food was excellent, we did have to wait a long time for our food to arrive and our daughter grew quite impatient and "vocal" during this time! We partially resolved this on the second day by pre-ordering our food and arranging to have this ready at a set time, which the staff were happy to do for us. Unfortunately there was a 45 minute wait between our daughter's meal being served and our main course arriving, by which time our daughter had enough of sitting still at the table, but again the staff were happy to help us by allowing us to return to our room and serving the remaining courses there.
There was also some confusion over whether our daughter's meal was included within the price because when booking a room online, adults and children over 4yrs old are chargeable but infants are included, however when booking dinner you only have the option to specify the number of adults or children (not infants), and we therefore assumed our daughter's meal would be included. On pointing this out to staff they were happy to waive the cost of our daughter's meal, but this is something that should be addressed on the website to avoid confusion.
We would suggest to anyone with a young family thinking of staying here that they also pre-order food if your little one is likely to get restless while waiting for their meal. Another suggestion we would have for the hotel is they might consider adopting a buffet-style breakfast which would be more family friendly and eliminate the waiting time between ordering breakfast and the food arriving.
One other slight issue was on the Saturday night there was a pianist playing in the restaurant, which was lovely to listen to, but the playing continued until 10pm and was quite loud as our room was directly underneath, and our daughter struggled to get off to sleep as a result. Whilst the playing was lovely, it would have been appreciated more if they had finished earlier in the evening or lowered the volume, in consideration of younger guests who needed to sleep.
As mentioned, despite the slight hiccups the staff were eager to help us to resolve problems. In particular we would commend Bryant to the hotel, he seemed to make it his personal mission to help us as much as he could and was an absolute star to us all weekend! The hotel is extremely lucky to have such a caring and professional employee as him.
Overall it is a very good hotel in a wonderful setting, and we will definitely consider visiting again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant is perched at the very edge of the Jamison Valley at Echo Point in the Blue Mountains. Our unique location offers stunning and uninterrupted panoramas of the National Park from every room, providing all our guests with ever-changing but always dramatic and breathtaking views. All this and only 90 minutes from Sydney!Our unique location offers stunning panoramas from every room, providing our guests with the most breathtaking views of mountains, cliff edges and lush rainforest valleys. Blue Mountains' most stunning icon 'Echoes' unveils itself on the very edge of the Jamison Valley with views right through to Mittagong, 80 kilometres away.Relaxation and recreation takes on whole new meaning at Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant. Rejuvenate with a brisk hike through the Jamison Valley or find peace and serenity with a pampering spa treatment in our private sauna and spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Echoes Boutique Hotel And Restaurant
- Hotel Echoes Boutique
- Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant Katoomba, Blue Mountains