The hotel has lovely public rooms that are airy, sun filled and cosy with a wood burning fire in winter, but the bedrooms and hallways are dark, gloomy and in need of an update.
Our bedroom window was covered with heavy drapes which made it difficult for the sun to filter in. Perhaps this was just as well as the view faced the car park. The furniture is heavy and makes the room look drab.
However the lounge is very nice with comfortable sofas and chairs and service is friendly and staff very accommodating. Breakfast was extensive and I enjoyed it in the lounge area as the restaurant was entirely full.
Dinner at Darley's was fine but not memorable, in fact I don't remember what I had. On the other hand I found Tre Sorelle's dinner to be more interesting but the room lacked character. Both restaurants are expensive and I found they charge too much for the meals. Katoomba isn't Sydney or New York.
The setting of the hotel is where its strenght lies and its proximity to the Three Sisters and hiking trails. I did a long hike with my family into the valley and then took the train back up to the top. This was absolutely wonderful and would recommend tourists take advantage of the trails as this is a fantastic opportunity to experience the Blue Mountains rather than just viewing it from the top. There is an information kiosk by the Three Sisters and found the staff there very helpful in selecting hiking trails.
Do take a picnic lunch with you should you hike into the valley. There are picinic tables at the valley floor and it's a lovely way to spend the day.
- Also Known As:
- Lilianfels Blue Mountains Hotel Katoomba
- Lilianfels Blue Mountains Resort And Spa
- Lilianfels Blue Mountains Hotel
- Lilianfels Blue Mountains Katoomba
- Lilianfels Blue Mountains Resort & Spa Katoomba
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lilianfels Resort and Spa is a renowned haven for relaxation in one of Australia's most beautiful destinations. This multi-award winning hotel & resort is set amidst two acres of manicured gardens, overlooking the most spectacular scenery in the World Heritage Listed Blue Mountains National Park in NSW, Australia.Blue Mountains Accommodation | Blue Mountains HotelLilianfels Resort and Spa is a 5 Star resort with 85 Deluxe rooms and Suites. Onsite recreational facilities include heated indoor and outdoor pool, tennis court, billiard/games room, library and gym. Lilianfels is perfectly located within 5 minutes walk to the iconic 3 sisters rock formation at Echo Point and is close to all major attractions including Scenic World, Leura shopping village and award winning restaurants. Blue Mountains Dining | Blue Mountains RestaurantSituated within the grounds of the historic homestead of Sir Frederick Darley, Lilianfels is home to the multi-award winning Darleys Restaurant which features the best seasonal produce from the region, served in an elegant and romantic setting that is unmistakeably fine dining. Celebrate that special occasion in glamour and experience the revival of Lilianfels 'Old World Charm' as we invite you to peruse and tempt your palette with our new A La Carte Menu.Re-discover why our Multi-Award winning Restaurant excels again in style and service.Blue Mountains Conferences | Blue Mountains MeetingsWith meeting and events space for up to 100 guests complete with state-of-the-art equipment, 85 spacious accommodation rooms to house your delegates, and a fabulous array of fine dining options to choose from, it’s the ideal setting for meetings and conferences which will show your colleagues or clients how much you value them.Blue Mountains WeddingsThis European style country house hotel specialises in smaller weddings and events of up to 100 people. Personalised service, exceptional facilities and thoughtful attention to detail, accompanied by stunning views of the Jamison Valley make the hotel the ideal wedding venue.Blue Mountains Spa | Blue Mountains Beauty TreatmentsLilianfels is also renowned for its Spa. Guests can indulge in an array of soothing spa treatments individually tailored to refresh and rejuvenate. Enliven your senses with our soothing and restorative body and beauty treatments delivered by a team of caring and talented spa professionals.Dining with Spectacular Views at our sister property – Echoes RestaurantDiscover why Echoes Restaurant was awarded best regional restaurant in Australia by AHA in 2012. The combination of fine dining and spectacular views of the Jamison Valley have made Echoes a destination in the Blue Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Lilianfels Blue Mountains Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.