The environment, decor and attention of details spent on Lilianfels is excellent, there is no complaint. The location is great to visit the Three Sisters. However, as I sneaked into my bed (it was our honeymoon night), the bed sheet had a few large black spots that looked like someone stepped on the sheets, and there were also blood stains. I was shocked and called management to change the sheets immediately, which they immediately apologized and changed. I was just shocked that this happens to such a highly reviewed hotel and it was not behaviour expected. The lobby area lacks a suitable lounge area, all the sofas were located in the restaurant area which you had to purchase a drink or two in order to sit there. In sum, there were only 2 very uncomfortable chairs to sit in the lobby if you want to chill and just relax, otherwise it's going back to your room. The staff is also not very familiar with the touring facilities around - when we asked whether we can go to the Jenolan caves and the night glow worm tours, they just said that their hotel hours are fully booked without referring us to other tours available in town (which we later found out that there are lots of tours available near the train station). We also asked where we can have food and the staff said that pretty much their restaurant and their sister hotel's restaurant is the only place with decent food. They are just trying to sell you their extra facilities. We later found a spectacular restaurant in town which we enjoyed a beautiful night (trying not to think about the blood stained sheets!). The staff are also very cool and they would not even lift their heads up to you when you enter the lobby. It's just a cold, unfriendly place to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lilianfels Resort and Spa is a renowned haven for relaxation in one of Australia's most beautiful destinations. This multi-award winning hotel & resort is set amidst two acres of manicured gardens, overlooking the most spectacular scenery in the World Heritage Listed Blue Mountains National Park in NSW, Australia.Blue Mountains Accommodation | Blue Mountains HotelLilianfels Resort and Spa is a 5 Star resort with 85 Deluxe rooms and Suites. Onsite recreational facilities include heated indoor and outdoor pool, tennis court, billiard/games room, library and gym. Lilianfels is perfectly located within 5 minutes walk to the iconic 3 sisters rock formation at Echo Point and is close to all major attractions including Scenic World, Leura shopping village and award winning restaurants. Blue Mountains Dining | Blue Mountains RestaurantSituated within the grounds of the historic homestead of Sir Frederick Darley, Lilianfels is home to the multi-award winning Darleys Restaurant which features the best seasonal produce from the region, served in an elegant and romantic setting that is unmistakeably fine dining. Celebrate that special occasion in glamour and experience the revival of Lilianfels 'Old World Charm' as we invite you to peruse and tempt your palette with our new A La Carte Menu.Re-discover why our Multi-Award winning Restaurant excels again in style and service.Blue Mountains Conferences | Blue Mountains MeetingsWith meeting and events space for up to 100 guests complete with state-of-the-art equipment, 85 spacious accommodation rooms to house your delegates, and a fabulous array of fine dining options to choose from, it’s the ideal setting for meetings and conferences which will show your colleagues or clients how much you value them.Blue Mountains WeddingsThis European style country house hotel specialises in smaller weddings and events of up to 100 people. Personalised service, exceptional facilities and thoughtful attention to detail, accompanied by stunning views of the Jamison Valley make the hotel the ideal wedding venue.Blue Mountains Spa | Blue Mountains Beauty TreatmentsLilianfels is also renowned for its Spa. Guests can indulge in an array of soothing spa treatments individually tailored to refresh and rejuvenate. Enliven your senses with our soothing and restorative body and beauty treatments delivered by a team of caring and talented spa professionals.Dining with Spectacular Views at our sister property – Echoes RestaurantDiscover why Echoes Restaurant was awarded best regional restaurant in Australia by AHA in 2012. The combination of fine dining and spectacular views of the Jamison Valley have made Echoes a destination in the Blue Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Orbitz so you can book your Lilianfels Blue Mountains Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lilianfels Blue Mountains Resort And Spa
- Lilianfels Blue Mountains Hotel Katoomba
- Lilianfels Blue Mountains Katoomba
- Lilianfels Blue Mountains Resort & Spa Katoomba