“Ants! Need I say more.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Mountains Gday Motel

Blue Mountains Gday Motel
You added Blue Mountains Gday Motel to your Saves list
Blue Mountains Gday Motel
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   181 Great Western Hwy, Katoomba, New South Wales 2780, Australia   |
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Katoomba
Milwaukee, WI
“Ants! Need I say more.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

I agree with everything said on the previous two reviews.

When we got to our room, I noticed ants crawling around near the door and in the bathroom. Being a holiday weekend, everything in town was booked. I went to the desk and told the "desk guy" about the ants. He laughed a bit and looked around for some spray. I pushed a little more and he offered a different room on the second level.

In the morning we noticed that someone else had stayed in the ant room. Makes me itch thinking about it.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Brisbane
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

We booked this motel on wotif. The description and photos of the motel gave us the impression that it seemed like it would be a reasonable place to stay for the 3 days we were spending in Katoomba.
I had booked a 'family room' for 3 adults. How disappointing!
We could hardly move in the room without bumping into each other, it was ridiculously small. We didnt even have enough room to put our 2 suitcases. The bathroom door constantly jammed, so at times we couldnt shut it. The room was dirty and smelt musty. It looked as if it hadnt been cleaned for a long time. We were in Katoomba for a wedding so wanted to hang our clothes staight away, NO cupboard, only 2 small hooks behind the front door, which wasn't appropriate for our needs.
The price we paid for the accommodation was reasonable and basically all we wanted was a place to sleep and leave our bags while we were there, so we werent expecting it to be 5 star. But I did expect it to be clean. The fact that I also booked what I thought to be a family room, was also a huge disappointment. I would not recommend this motel if you were planning on an extended stay in the Blue Mountains.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

What a mistake. Trying to save a couple of dollars a night we booked here sight-unseen using booking site wotif.com. The rooms were very basic but ok, but the big problem with this place is the noise. A railroad line runs literally 20 feet from one side of the motel, and a major highway 20 feet on the other side. It wasn't just the noise of the trains and highway, but also the road construction that started at the crack of dawn. Jack hammers, paving machines, and all sorts of other heavy equipment created an unimaginable din. The motel is old and tired, doesn't have a restaurant, and has a few long-stay guests, aka people living there. I tried to leave a day early but made the request just after check out time, and was told the check out policy couldn't be altered. Don't make the mistake we did - STAY SOMEPLACE ELSE!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family

Been to Blue Mountains Gday Motel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Blue Mountains Gday Motel

Address: 181 Great Western Hwy, Katoomba, New South Wales 2780, Australia
Location: Australia > New South Wales > Blue Mountains > Katoomba
Free Parking
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Katoomba
Hotel Class:3 star — Blue Mountains Gday Motel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Blue Mountains Gday Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Blue Mountains Gday Motel Katoomba

If you own or manage Blue Mountains Gday Motel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.