“Good value” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Aspire Alpine Gables Motel Resort

Aspire Alpine Gables Motel Resort
You added Aspire Alpine Gables Motel Resort to your Saves list
Aspire Alpine Gables Motel Resort
Cnr Kalkite Street & Kosciuszko Road, Jindabyne, New South Wales 2627, Australia   |
birdinoz
“Good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

We stayed here as part of a $ deal and was good value for money. We were allocated Room Number 1. We were give a ground floor room but offered a room on a higher level if we preferred (NB. There are no lift facilities). The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious for two people and had 2 bunk beds in the loft area. If were were a travelling with 6 it would have been too "cosy". The heating is centrally controlled but I would have preferred to be able to adjust the temperature myself. The room was clean but in need of a refurbish. The beds were comfortable. The location is fantastic, easy walk to shops and lake. There is a bar and restaurant attached to the motel, which we did not use. Overall the room is dated and some external noise (cars and people) were clearly heard. A ground floor room when this motel is full would definitely have been an issue but on this occasion it was great value.

Room Tip: If in the busy season (winter) I would request a room on a higher floor at the other end from restau...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Lexington, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed here for two nights during a weekend excursion to Kosciuszko National Park. It's a little further out than Thredbo or other locations on the road into the park, but the difference in price is well worth the extra 20 minutes you'll have to drive. The place is spotlessly clean, conveniently located, and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Big plasma TV was the only real update. Everything else is pretty basic, but absolutely serviceable. It turns out "kitchenette" in Oz does not mean there is a burner or element, so if you'll be cooking, plan your meals around the microwave and electric skillet (the restaurant attached to the property is not one I'd recommend).

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

Stayed for three nights here in early January. The location is fantastic. It is across the street from a shopping centre, cinema and the I-site. You cross the main road to get to the lake. The staff are very friendly and more than helpful. I had a letter mailed to their address as I decided to extend my stay in the area. Even though I had moved to a different location in the snowy mountains, they kept note of my request and I was able to receive my letter. Thanks staff!

I stayed on the ground floor. The room is very basic and functional, but it's what I'd expect from a self-contained ski accommodation. It had a double bed downstairs and four bunk beds in the loft. The kitchen is small, with a small fridge and has the basic kitchen tools. It was, however, sufficient during my stay. The bathroom is spacious. The only complaint being the fan is very loud. The room isn't serviced during my stay, but if/when asked, the staff provided assistance.

I would stay at Aspire alpine again. The only reason why I moved was because I wanted to explore the Snowies a bit more and not have to do much driving. After exploring Jindabyne, I moved my base to Thredbo and stayed there for another three nights to explore that area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

We stayed here for one night in December 2011, and it was quite good value for money. The room was old and dated but clean, and had a small kitchen with a sink, a microwave, a few cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery. The rooms have a loft which is quite unique - ours had the double bed upstairs and two single beds downstairs. There is a view of the lake from the balcony, and the shops are a short 5 minute walk to the right of the motel. If you have lots of luggage as we did, you may want to request a ground floor room, as there are no lifts.

Room Tip: Ground floor if you have lots of luggage - there are no lifts.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Normally accustomed to high end hotels, I must admit I was a little nervous about the last minute booking I made to stay at Aspire Alpine Gables Motel Resort. I had never been to Jindabyne or the Snowy Mountain area so was excited for my trip and quietly hopefully that the last minute accommodation booking I had made would be satisfactory.

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I stayed in a room with a balcony and view over the lake. My room was VERY cheap ($160 for 2 nights) and considering the size of the room and the sleeping capacity inside I have to say this is outstanding value! Travelling solo I only made use of the double bed, however also in my room were 4 bunk beds as well as a kitchen, bathroom and lounge area. The accommodation was old yet clean and tidy - all you could really ask for, and very very good value for money.

Jindabyne was a great base for daytrips and exploring. I took a lovely drive out to Thredbo and hiked up Mount Kosciuszko. I was super surprised to see snow - especially considering it was summer time (1st January 2012)!

A short five minute walk to the right of the motel are some great shops with good cafes, restaurants, bakeries, gift stores, fashion stores etc. Being a Sydney girl I am quite fussy and like to eat healthy and well - I was most surprised Jindabyne could cater so well for me! Fresh country food was abundant and well priced!

Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Sutherland Shire, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

This was a weekend trip to the snow. The rooms were so spacious with2 lots of bunks in the living and a queen size bed in the loft. The resort itself is old style but it is extremely clean and the reception staff are very helpful. We were there with friends who also had small children. Ask for rooms 15 and 14 to be nearest from the crumby bar noise attached to the resort. We had breakfast included in our package which was very average and the service items were always filthy, searching for a clean glass was a misson. Next time I would look after our own breakfast as the room is fully self contained. We loved this cozy little place.

Room Tip: Value for money
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

This place needs to have some money spent on it, it is really old and dated. The only reason I stayed at this hotel was because it offers one night stays, something the other hotels in the area do not offer (in winter anyway). The website states apartments feature a kitchenette, the only cooking facilities in my room was a microwave, I did not see an electric frying pan as stated on the website. Rooms cost $200+ per night and I certainly don't think you get $200+ worth of room. I guess they jack up the prices to compensate themselves for 1 night stays. You are paying high $$$$ for budget accommodation.

Room Tip: Get a ground floor room if I have a lot of ski gear and luggage to carry in and out each day. There...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Been to Aspire Alpine Gables Motel Resort? Share your experiences!