“Enchanting!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
“Enchanting!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We only stopped for coffee one afternoon. The sun was shining the lake was so blue. We have nothing like this in the west. Enjoyed the cheeky pelican who was wilfully helping himself to whatever scraps were left about. This family owned business with a friendliness reflected in the young man, a son I think, who stopped to chat and fill us in on local stuff. Thanks guys. Lovely lovely spot. You're so lucky.

• Visited November 2012

Australia
“WOEFUL SERVICE AND INDIFFERENCE TO CUSTOMERS”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Six days ago I visited Paradise Marina Cafe at Forster for breakfast with my family - four of us. The cafe was not very busy so after ordering we were a little surprised at the length of time it took firstly to serve us our coffee and then finally for them to serve two of the four breakfasts that had been ordered and paid for. Finally when the other two breakfasts did not appear we asked where they were only to be told that they did not know there were two more orders. After checking their order book and finding they needed to make two more meals a very offhanded "sorry" was uttered.
When they finally served the missing two breakfasts, to be enjoyed with by then cold coffee, and I said that I was not very happy with the service at all, I was merely told very offhandedly again "sorry, I'll tell the boss". That was the last we heard of that.
We all agreed that the food was quite nice, when it finally came and the situation by the water is lovely but the service is woeful and obviously customer service is not at all important to the management.
We did not expect or want any great fuss but perhaps a little concern and an apology about missing serving two breakfasts would have shown that they valued their reputation and wanted their customers to return.
There are lots of other lovely cafes in Forster with just as nice views where you can enjoy a meal and coffee, so I would recommend going elsewhere, as we now do.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tuncurry, Australia
“Step On Shore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

After a morning boat ride we moored our boat at the Marina and steped in for lunch and was very surprised at the beautiful meals, some of us had fish and chips some prawns others salmon and they were all excelliant fresh and hot the only thing I did not like so much was having to line up to order but that does keep the price down and the prices were very reasonable

• Visited January 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Great spot for breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Great cafe, views, service and food were all good, just food envy for not choosing the pancakes! Will be back for them.

• Visited December 2012
“Disgusted”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

This vene is the most disgusting restaurant I have ever had the displeasure of entering and I will never again in my life spend another sent here. The woman behind the counter (who 3 times when asked claimed to be the owner) was the rudest woman I have ever come across in my life. My son wanted an icecream - I opened the freezer beside the wall (as you do in any other store) and from then on in was the recipient of the rudest customer service I have ever experienced. I removed my children from the store then returned to ask to speak to the owner only to be told by the same woman to leave, an equally as rude customer intervened and said that I was disrupting her conversation by requesting that the woman not be so rude to me in future. I left the venue and later phoned to speak to the "owner" only to have the same woman answer the phone. I deserved an apology for the way in which she treated me and my children in a packed restaurant all because I opened an icecream freezer - if it was not to be opened by the public then a simple sign would have safficed. I will never enter this establishment again and would direct anyone wishing to eat at a child friendly restaurant to do the same

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere