“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We love shots.of happy. U would.be hard pressed to find better coffee in forster - tuncurry. Quite frankly i havnt found it. Great place to relax over a hot mug in winter. I have always lived the signage and shared little quotes with friends. I have had breakfast, lunch, cake and dinner there more times than i can count and have been very satisfied with the quality of food. I have had three functions there ( a babyshower and two birthdays) and have been thrilled with the extra effort they put into these occassions. I have also been to multiple theme nights which have been wonderful and look forward to the next one each month. I would highly recommend this cafe and know that once the owner reads these reviews they would b doing their utmost to make everyone have a shot.of happy

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Sydney
“Shots not of happy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I am a local but don't live in Forster anymore decided to go here because 2 other places were full. Not happy from the moment we walked in, I nearly tripped on the floor which was risen because of bad flooring. It took 15 minutes for the one waitress to come and ask us what we wanted, when we told her what we wanted (chicken Caesar and a chicken salad) we were informed there was no chicken left (and this is on a Saturday at 12pm). We ordered a milkshake which was not the normal size a milkshake usually is at cafes and for the price it was not good. After we ordered dishes we didn't really want because that's all there was (small menu) it then took an hour and a half for the food to come. When it came the portion sizes were not in keeping with the price we were charged the food was cold, rock hard bread (over toasted) and not to the standard you expect for a cafe that only had 10 people in it.

My friend and I were so outraged we felt the immediate urge to write a list of everything that was wrong with our experience. We often enjoy cafe lunches but this was without a doubt the worst. Do not recommend at all.
Here is the list:
- Dirty cups
- Signs inappropriate (there was a sign saying customer service depends on customer quality, so in other words if you weren't in a happy person that day they don't give you the quality service that you are paying with their overpriced meals)
- Bad service
- Took over an hour for two meals
- Ran out of chicken at 1pm
- You have to get your own sugar from a supply at the front, not brought out with coffee
- Milkshake size not standard very small compared to other cafes
- Price way to expensive
- Cold chips

There are much better places in Forster to go. I will never be going here again and I do not recommend anyone go here.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Clueless”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Was not impress after a lunch experience here. 45 minutes to get a Spinach Salad and sandwich ! The place was not busy.

The salad was pitifully small and should take about 15 seconds to make maximum. $12+ Sorry but it was a joke.

Owners need to focus on 'service', food consistency and faster preparation.

This used to a groovy spot but they lost the plot.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Gympie, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Blueberry Bliss!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

After having a Blueberry Hot Chocolate at Shots of Happy... the quirky, devine & ever entertaining signs to read LOVE the signs!! I could never have anything else!! I have now moved away & long for a Blueberry Hot Chocolate...Well done Shots of Happy you have one amazing Resturant on your hands :) Oh & I haven't even started on the food.....Soft shell crab, Lime Tart oh good god they are higher than heaven!!

Cheers to a thriving business....Thank you so many don't know how to do this, but you do!!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sydney, Australia
“Fine food in Forster”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

A rare jewel in a sea of bland on the so called restaurant strip in Forster. While the locals were packing the pizza joints, my wife and I were tucking into real quisine. The farmers pie and prawn curry were generous and delicious. Great service from our convivial host and the chef. We will be back when next we are in town.

• Visited February 2013