“Average” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 61 Restaurants in Coogee
“Average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

We are new to Sydney and were in Coogee trampling the bars and restaurants. We came here for a drink but were told we had to order food if we wanted a drink (licensing law related). I ordered medium rare T-bone steak ($18) and my other half ordered a Works burger. The burger really was poor. It cost $13 and his verdict was you get what you pay for. My T-bone steak was nicer than the burger..but only just. The steak arrived "medium" at best. We were given a buzzer and had to collect our meals at the hatch. Be warned, if you don't order sauce with your chips when you first order you will need to ask at the bar for it...at which point you are told you should have ordered it with the initial order. We are in no rush to return. Urban Bites in Newtown offered so much better value on food and alcohol was only $5 a glass!

Visited March 2014

Sydney, Australia
“One of our favourites in Coogee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Ive reviewed this place before, but feel i didn't do it justice, with only 3 stars. For what you pay and what you get, this is a great place to come for a relaxed casual feed and drink.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great cheap food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

By far my favourite restaurant in Coogee. I've been lost since the fire and have just discovered they have reopened. Yay:) The food comes out so quick sometimes I've only just sat down from ordering and the menu is extensive. I take all my guests here. Love it.

Sydney, Australia
“Good cheap eats in relaxing atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Five 0's is a a great place with pub like counter meals around the $10-$20 mark. It has a relaxing chilled out atmosphere that makes it ideal, cheap drinks. They have a $5 meal deal before 5pm but you have to buy a beer or soft drink, doesn't include wine. I really like this place.

Visited March 2013
Brussels, Belgium
“Brilliant Coogee Beach option”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Coogee's long golden beach is one of Sydney's great charms but where's the best place to look over it with a cold beer in hand? The Coogee Bay and the Beach Palace are the main beachfront watering holes but both sadly are noisy charmless barns.

Halfway between the two, opposite the bus stop on the main drag is the unassuming Five O's, reached by a stairway on a side street. The particular attraction is the little terrace overlooking the beach which nicely catches the breeze. I enjoyed the cold beer and delicious hot chips (many other menu offerings were available), cheerfully served when I visited by charming Irish backpacker barmaids. A very pleasant place to spend a couple of hours reading the newspapers. No canned music - an added bonus.

• Visited March 2013