“Impressive Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments

Save Saved
You added Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments to your Saves list
Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   161 - 167 Dolphin Street, Coogee, Randwick, New South Wales 2034, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 7 hotels in Coogee
Canberra, Australia
“Impressive Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Coogee Sands just this weekend and we were all thoroughly impressed by the spotless care in both rooms we occupied, the remarkable attention to detail taken, but more noteworthy was the friendly and caring staff: Justin, Saby, Melissa, Rebecca and the rest. You all made us feel at home. And too, a big 'Thank You' to Tracy. Warm wishes to you all. We hope to see you again not too long from now.

Resi and Eugene Vallejera
Bruce, ACT

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
coogeesands, General Manager at Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Resi and Eugene,

Thank you ever so much for your very kind words following your recent stay with us. Our main objective is to look after our guests, offering them our undivided attention. And I am pleased to see that we achieved this yet again. All of the team here at Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments strive to exceed our guests expectations and when we receive comments like yours it really does make their day.

We always try to create a friendly home away from home atmosphere in the hotel and I was delighted that you were satisfied in all departments with our service and attention to detail. I hope that we have the chance to welcome you back soon.

238 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

It was a large-ish family trip to Sydney for Cirque du Soleil's OVO and we booked Courtyard rooms at the Coogee Sands Hotel: my husband, daughter, grandson, sister and her husband.
We have stayed at hotels all over the world, but the Coogee Sands management and staff are by far unparalleled in friendliness, helpfulness, professionalism, cheerfulness and care for their guests. The wonderful ocean view and proximity to Coogee Beach - just outside the hotel door - are just a few of the bonuses you get.
My entire family would go back there anytime for that great "feel-good" experience.
Thanks Coogee Sands Hotel for making our stay a very pleasant experience.

Palis-Hayes from Canberra, Australia

Room Tip: The courtyard rooms are quite nice, but of course, the Ocean view rooms are great. Just let Receptio...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
coogeesands, General Manager at Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Palis-Hayes,

It is so pleasant to read such positive feedback as yours. Thank you! The Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments Team and I are very grateful for your excellent feedback.

Indeed, the staff here have a true passion for their work and guests. All of the staff always try to exceed our guests expectation and your words have served as an encouragement to keep on providing such high standard of services.

Once again, thank you for your kind words and I do hope that we have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

There is something special about this accommodation. The room was very roomy and the little courtyard with table and chairs was lovely. The staff were really helpful. I have stayed in many of the big name hotels in sydney and in other places in the world but this hotel just had a fantastic peaceful feel. Right next to the beach and heaps of restaurants and cafes. Spring saver was great. A bottle of wine chocs and free breaky. The breaky was basic but you could upgrade. Free parking and the buses a few hundred meters away can take u anywhere if you want a break from driving in the city. Perfect place to stay while visiting kids at UNSW - you get a bit of a holiday thrown in as well. Don't be put off by negative reviews. It was great

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Kimally,

What a lovely review! Our team love to read such positive feedback about Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments and we are thankful for your kind words.

We always try to create a friendly home away from home atmosphere in the hotel and I was delighted that we met your expectations in all departments. I was also pleased to see that you took advantage of our Super Spring Saver.

Please do not hesitate to let me know when you next plan a trip to Sydney as I would very much enjoy welcoming you back.

Merimbula, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband thought I had definitely picked a winner, best location ever and clean and great view. Loved the small touches from the room attendants... sitting the bears up on the bed together thrilled my daughter. Bed was one of the biggest king size and most comfortable I had ever stayed in. We will be back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
coogeesands, General Manager at Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Ann-Maree,

Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased to hear that you were thrilled with the location and service during your recent stay at Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments. Our daily main concern is to look after our guests, offering them our undivided attention, and I can tell that we have reached our aim.

I look forward to welcoming you and your husband back again soon.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I went to coogee with my family and we stayed at coogee sands hotel and apartments. It was family friendly and we all loved the beach. The view was amazing and it was a hit with the kids.
Thank You can't wait to next holidays.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
coogeesands, General Manager at Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Dom,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay with us. We always like to hear positive feedback from our guests.

We are glad you and your family enjoyed your stay, our hotel, and location. Coogee certainly is a popular family friendly beach which must be seen on a sunny day.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments one day soon.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Stayed at coogee with a few friends as it was close to the venue our school reunion was being held at.
Now let me give you the good, the bad, and the ugly
THE GOOD
Staff were great- helpful, knowledgeable and very friendly
Room- spacious and clean. Comfy bed and bathroom had a bath, hair dryer and bench space (what any girl needs)
Free wi-fi in business centre and lobby
Free secure parking
Amazing roof top sun deck with BBQ facilities
THE BAD
No decaf coffee – Manager told me she would include that in her next order, but we’ll have to wait and see
THE UGLY
Waking up the morning after a great night out and looking at yourself in the mirror
All jokes aside it was great and I’ll be back soon to make sure that the manager made good on her word.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Pamiee,

I appreciate your clever review. It's always nice to hear that our guests have positive things to say about their Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments experience.

We've all experienced those great nights which we wished had no repercussions. I can assure you will now be able to enjoy a nice cup of decaf coffee in the morning when you next stay :)

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our service and your experience with us. Please contact me on your next visit and I will happily take care of your reservation. I certainly look forward to welcoming you back with a cup of decaf coffee.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Coogee Sands last week and we had a brilliant time. I booked a Super Spring Package and was upgraded from a deluxe studio to a room with a private courtyard. We were also given a complimentary breakfast and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival! Our room was really tidy and well epuipped with everything we needed, my favourite thing was having a kitcheneete so we could make a cup of coffee in the morning. The location is amazing, just 20 metres away from the beach; with bus stops,shops and cafes all within five minutes walking distance! The staff were also wonderful, reception is open 24 hours and everyone was so helpful, providing my husband and I with a map, bus timetables and general information about the local area. I would highly recommend this hotel to others and have already to many friends who have also enjoyed their stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
coogeesands, General Manager at Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Malakey,

Thank you for your kind review.

I was delighted to read that you and your husband enjoyed your recent stay at Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments. I am happy to see that you took advantage of our Super Spring Special and were upgraded to a courtyard room. We agree with you that the location is perfect; beachfront, surrounded by cafes & shops, and plenty of transport.

The reception team are consistently praised for their high standard of service, I’ll pass on this positive feedback. Thank you again for your review, and I hope to welcome you and your husband back to the Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments in the near future.

Tracy Whitelaw

Been to Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments? Share your experiences!