“In chatswood? You need to look at this one!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Sebel Residence Chatswood

You added The Sebel Residence Chatswood to your Saves list
The Sebel Residence Chatswood
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   37 Victor Street, Chatswood, Willoughby, New South Wales 2067, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Chatswood
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sydney, Australia
“In chatswood? You need to look at this one!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

they gave me a free upgrade to a 2 bedroom apartment
Apartment style rooms allows for much more space than a typical hotel room.
Very good view over chatswood looking towards the chatswood train station
Very convienient, bus stops and 3min walk to the chatswood train station!!

The place looks like its certainly seen a few years but everything is very well mantained.
Very good value for money too!!

Highly recommended!!

• Stayed February 2013
Angela H, General Manager at The Sebel Residence Chatswood, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback which I have shared with the Team. Glad you enjoyed what we have to offer in the heart of Chatswood and look forward to your next stay.
Sandra Crisafi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I caught the train to Chatswood from the airport and was delighted to discover The Sebel was close to absolutely EVERYTHING I needed to get to during my 2 day conference at The Concourse. Everywhere I needed to go - coffee, food, conference, pub seemed to be no more than 50m away. Travelling on my own, I was concerned about safety, but with everything so easy to get to, and the buzz of Chatswood as a community, quickly made me forget about this. Outstanding service by the staff, very polite and couldn't do enough for me. I stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment and had views out to Sydney City. It was a little cool the weekend I stayed so that was the only downer, I didn't get to enjoy more time out on my balcony. So roomy and so clean. I have a bad back, and the bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. Highly recommend to all. Nothing negative to say at all. Well done to Sebel!

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 1201. All my needs were met and then some. I didn't utilise the spa nor breakfa...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Angela H, General Manager at The Sebel Residence Chatswood, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Hello Shelley

Thank you for your evaluation. Your comments about our team and the service they provided have been passed on. Thank you for this as it severs are good encouragement. We look forward to welcoming you back and maybe next time you will get to enjoy the spa and breakfast.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I recently stayed at the Chatswood Sebel for a 3 night business trip in the area. I have also recently stayed at the Chatswood Mantra, and the Chatswood Sebel is the much better choice.

I found the Chatswood Sebel conveniently located to both the station, central business area, shops and restaurants. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room I stayed in was a One Bedroom apartment, which was clean and comfortable. The bed was especially comfortable, and all of the facilities worked properly. There was also a balcony to my room. The hotel was quiet, which made for a pleasant stay and restful sleep.

It's also has a cafe next door that serves an excellent breakfast.

Note that the fit out is not brand new, but this did not detract from my stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hello SAust

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. So happy you enjoyed your stay and found our bed comfortable. We know how busy everyone is and the importance of sleeping well. We have put a lot of detail into our beds, it is good to know you slept well.

Thank you for taking the time to express you experience we do appreciate it.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

First i was expecting to see a typical hotel room but was pleasantly surprised when i walked in. I got a room overlooking the mall beside the hotel. You can see a hockey stadium (at least thats what i think it was) at a distance. At first i thought - this is it, not bad. then i walked into the living room area (which i did not expect to see by the way). The bed is very likely the best bed i have had the privilege of sleeping in compared to all the hotels i have slept in. Sleeping was pure bliss. Overall, my experience at this hotel was entirely pleasant. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I could not use the gym unfortunately as i was on a tight schedule but i plan on visiting sydney again soon and i will definitely stay at the Sebel - With my family this time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Hello Ponwude

Thank you for staying at The Sebel Residence Chatswood, we are so pleased you had an amazing stay. Thank you for acknowledging our team this is great for them. I am so happy you enjoyed the bed and had a lovely sleep. We have put a great deal of though into our bedding and cloud toppers so hearing you slept well was lovely.

We look forward to your next stay and meeting your family.

Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Traveling by train to the theatre at Chatswood the Sebel was an easy choice. Right near the station - just a few minutes - to a spacious foyer but small reception desk - greeted efficiently - entered our room. We walked into what I thought was a good sized room with spacious bathroom (separate bath), good city vista off a nice balcony. As we left I opened a door only to find a full kitchen and a very large lounge / dining with additional large flat screen TV, stereo and DVD - comfy couch - six setting dining table and more of the lovely view.

Wow. Overkill for just one night. It was in fact a one bedroom apartment.

There is no dining room but there is a snack menu (nothing cooked) and continental breakfast can be ordered - cook your own toast - but enjoyable.

We found a good pub nearby for a drink and quick meal before our show. I think if I was going to stay for just one night I may go right into the city next time.

• Stayed January 2013
So pleased you enjoyed your first stay in our apartments... we feel are the best kept secret in Chatswood with our location and comfy apartments. We look forward to your next stay.
Brisbane Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel is an apartment hotel and includes the normal range of accommodation you would expect. Our apartment was a 'premium' two bedroom and consisted of twin beds in the main bedroom ( you can have a King) and a queen sized bed in the other. The main had an ensuite and there was another bathroom. The Lounge /dining was a good size with views to the city. (There are smaller two bedroom apartments for slightly less). Kitchen was reasonably well equipped and overall the Unit was spotless and very comfortable.

The location was good. It is very near Chatswood rail station and opposite Wesfield Chatswood for all your shopping needs.

Lots of asian restaurants nearby and the area really caters well for those groups.

The only downside was the airconditioning. We could not divert the air to the bedrooms. This could have been our fault but it made sleeping stuffy. You should check this out before bed!

Reception is very small and they have limited staffing ( who have to be multiskilled!) So you may have to wait to check in or out but it was not a great problem for us.

Overall, a reasonable place to stay if you dont want or dont need to be in the city. Particularly good for families. However it is not cheap and now that Accor owns it the prices are likely to stay high with few discounts and extras.

Room Tip: Premium Rooms are about $10 extra and worth it if you are staying for any length of time. Overnight...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Angela H, General Manager at The Sebel Residence Chatswood, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
We really appreciate your detailed feedback, our premium apartments are particularly good for a longer stay as they offer a spacious and comfortable experience. The AC does feature a day/night setting; I apologise that this was made clear. Hope to welcome you back soon!
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Great apartments with plenty of room for the family to spread out. Friendly, helpful staff. Nice outdoor pool area, small but big enough, and never crowded.
So close to great shopping you can reach out and touch it....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for your kind words... we are so fortunate with our location both within the North Shore, and only a short distance to the CBD too! Pleased you have enjoyed your stay.
Sandra Crisafi

Been to The Sebel Residence Chatswood? Share your experiences!