“Feasting after fasting yummo” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Bankstown
More attraction details
Owner description: Taste offers cultural food tours in the diverse suburbs abd town centres of Sydney. All tours are led by local guides, who share their secrets on the best places to eat and shop for authentic dishes and ingredients. Every tour starts with a caffeine kick and includes tastings in-store, lunch, recipes and a sample bag is filled to bursting with goodies collected along the way.
“Feasting after fasting yummo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

This was a gift from my mum, who came with me. Both of us though it was a great tour. Very tasty food and tour guide was very knowledgeable. We are already keen for another and look forward to planning our next culinary adventure.

Visited July 2014

Sydney, Australia
“South American food trail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I spent a bright and chilly Saturday morning recently in Fairfield on the South American food trail and had an absolute ball. Led by local boy Ivan and his team, the tour showcases the wide array of gastronomic choices this suburb has to offer. We visited cafes, bakeries, butchers, supermarkets and even a pharmacy in the pursuit of the authentic taste of South America. Highlights included trying the 'best' empanadas in Sydney, a mate tea demonstration by an enthusiastic connoisseur of the herbal drink and enough dulce de leche (a thick milky caramel) to satisfy the sweetest tooth.

The tour also highlighted Fairfield's diverse history and the guides shared with us their own experiences of living in Fairfield and their strong relationship to the suburb's food along the way.

Highly recommended. And go light on breakfast beforehand!

Visited July 2014
“Little Korea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I went on a 4 hour tour of Strathfield, on a gift voucher I recieved for my birthday. It was really good, lots of tastings and learned a great amount about Korean food. The Korean BBQ lunch was very generous as we got other dishes to try as well. Didn't have to worry about cooking it because the waiter/waitresses did all the work for us. Dessert was very light, which is good because I wouldn't have been able to eat much anyway!! Highly recommended for anyone that loves food.

Visited June 2014
5 attraction reviews
“A fantastic day trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I have worked for TASTE as a guide for a while now but got to experience my first tour as a regular tour goer a couple of months ago. I took my partner with me who had never been or seen one of the tours before and we absolutely loved the Eastwood tour. So much knowledge from the guides. We learnt how to make traditional Chinese dumplings and Wontons. Learnt all the ingredients to make amazing soups and which noddles are good for what. We were showed where to buy the best woks and how to use them. Being of South American background myself it was a great learning experience. We now use our wok regularly and are masters at making dumplings and wontons! What I especially loved was how far away I felt (as if I was in Hong Kong) yet how close I was to Parramatta (where I live). I especially liked how the guides taught us how to order things as that was always a barrier I faced when trying to branch out a little bit in what I buy/eat. Now I go to Chinese shops like a pro. Great work!

Visited April 2014
3 attraction reviews
“So Good I had to get a job with Taste”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

This is now what you would consider a biased review. I loved Taste Tours from the first tour. They were by far the best food tour i have ever been on. Since then I have got a job with Taste, mainly based on that experience.

Visited June 2013