“Amazing. Very happy!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 181 Restaurants in Bankstown
Port Macquarie, Australia
“Amazing. Very happy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I write this review as I sit here eating. We came to this restaurant as it was next door to where we are staying (Breakfree International Bankstown- that's another story. Don't stay). Visiting with my husband, inlaws & toddler. The service was great. Most don't seem to speak English but the ones that do are fabulous. The waiter convinced me to try a different curry which I hadn't tried before- said to try and if I didn't like he would replace. The curry arrived and it wasn't to my liking although my inlaws loved it. I told him it was ok, I'd share with them but no, he promised and sure enough brought me a different curry. Allowing us to also keep the other. My toddler loved the satay chicken sticks & orange juice popper. The prices were very reasonable except the $2 spring rolls, not worth it. The wonton soup was the best I've ever had. Very happy with our meal & can highly recommend. :) Thank you House of Thai!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Sydney
“Favour explosion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I went there for lunch on a Sunday afternoon with my lovely and beautiful wife.

We were promptly welcomed and seated. Water was served and our orders were taken.

I had the Thai Fried Rice (chicken this time - yes I always order Thai Fried Rice) - it was the best I have ever had. Full of favour and just the right amount of spices. A really good serving. I said to my wife, that if I could fit more, I surely would have ordered another. Just too good.

My wife had some red curry with coriander and vegetables and a side of brown rice.

Ok. This is why they lost the star.

My wife's dish didn't have nearly enough on it, but ok, she's not a big eater. But the brown rice. This was not fresh. It was stuck together as if glued. Not nice at all.

Also, when the waiter served the food, she didn't bother asking who's dish it was, and served them wrong. No apology.

We can get past this. The flavor explosion is still fresh in my mind.

This place is worth a visit. Very affordable. Please share your experience.

Visited September 2013