“Not bad.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Bankstown Hotel

You added Travelodge Bankstown Hotel to your Saves list
Travelodge Bankstown Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Greenfield Parade | Cnr Mona St & Greenfield Parade, Bankstown, New South Wales 2200, Australia   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Bankstown
the island
“Not bad.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I was here for 5 nights for work.
The room: clean and well maintained.
Internet access, as with most Australian hotels costs an arm-and-a-leg so bring your own!
The main problem is that the walls are fairly thin so you hear what your neighbour is up to. Because I was on the 5th floor I didn't hear noise from the sports club/casino downstairs.
Unfortunately, the hotel is situated directly above a casino - rows and rows of poker machines. On the upside, there is quite a wide variety of restaurants inside the sports club.
Outside the hotel, you are limited to Vietnamese and Lebanese charcoal chicken. I had Vietnamese noodles three meals in a row which was good and cheap :)
There isn't much to do in Bankstown itself and it's a 45 minute train ride into the city. The area did not feel completely safe at night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
SM_McKinnon, Manager at Travelodge Bankstown Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. As a senior contributor we appreciate your feedback and we are delighted that you have recognized that our rooms are well maintained. We hope to welcome you back to the Travelodge in the near future.

Sean McKinnon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Bologna, Italia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

is a very nice and comfortable hotel, with a nice casino plus several different type of restaurants, bar, pub, sports bar, disco and now there a lovely Italian Piazza with a lot of Italian restaurant and the tables in the middle as like as the the typical italian village full of tourist. the service is very good and the people so friendly. the price is so comparable with the currently rate in Sydney.
the room are clean and big enough to breath. maybe is a expensive the internet connection, AUS 25.00 for 24 hours but in Australia nothing is free of charge.
last but not least, I forgot my wallet into the room with money and the credit cards; i went back in the afternoon and the wallet was there untouched, many compliments to the waitress and her /his honest life.

Room Tip: the room after the 4th floor to the top
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
SM_McKinnon, Manager at Travelodge Bankstown Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. The team and I are grateful for the positive comments and I am pleased that you have singled out our housekeeping team for their consistently high standards and commitment to customer service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sean McKInnon
Kiama, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

The Hotel is located in the Bankstown Workers club, which is like a mini Vegas, with Themed restaurants. Wood fire pizzas are good, Chinese ok and Platform 1 Al carte often has a 3 course special is pretty good. The rooms are clean and the staff generally friendly (although quite a high turnover). Plenty of free parking (make sure you get staff to stamp your parking ticket). The carpark is huge and you may have to walk some distance. Consequently if you have heavy bags or have difficulty walking, pull up at the lobby and have the staff organise a pickup for youn the carpark.
Downside? Just a few pick things. In summer the rooms can be really hot until you get the air conditioning running. Checking can be busy sometimes when groups are checking in. No recognition from staff despite having stayed here 50+ times.
Beware that this hotel is often booked out, so book early and remember Travel Lodge Tuesdays to get a better price.

Room Tip: Some rooms can be a hike from the lift, let staff know if this is an issue and they can generally fi...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
SM_McKinnon, Manager at Travelodge Bankstown Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Tim,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. The team and I are delighted that you enjoy staying with us and have elected to award us an excellent overall experience score of 5! I was concerned to read that as a regular guest, you feel that our recognition level requires attention. We value all guests however in particular we like to ensure that our loyal regular guests feel part of the family. We will certainly use your feedback to ensure that the team remains focused in this area and I feel confident that you will notice a significant improvement when you next stay with us.

Many thanks
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This hotel was a complete surprise!. I had never been to Bankstown before and wanted a good standard hotel in this part of Sydney at a reasonable price . The reviews I'd read before booking were encouraging and the price was extremely good, so I decided to 'give it a go'. My experience far exceeded my expectations, and I received excellent value for money,at $120 a night for a 2 night stay The taxi driver from the airport said I would enjoy it as it has been awarded the best Travelodge in Oz and Nz recently and I can understand why as it is more of a resort than a hotel.
The reception staff were warm and friendly, and even had an iphone charger to lend me as I left mine at home and my room was far bigger, and superior than I expected. The room was immaculately clean and at least the standard of some 4 star or higher in Singapore and other places Ive stayed with high standard hotels. The room was much nicer than the photos on Tripadvisor with orange colour bedspread, pillows and sofabed and it all seemed so clean and fresh as if it had just been refurbished. There were the usual in room tea and coffee facilities and full ironing board, iron, microwave, and free membership to the club and seating areas downstairs. The food in the restaurants was excellent and great value for money and this really added to my stay
Anyone who has been to Vegas will remember walking through the gaming areas to get to the other areas of the hotel, and this is the same but dont worry as this is just part of the complex and there is a beautiful Italian Piazza area and Italian restauarant , a Thai/ Chinese restaurant area and other areas where you can sit and relax .The whole place has an air of grandeur and there are glass lifts and plenty of areas to sit and relax and enjoy a meal or have a quick snack and cup of coffee.
As I am very fond of Vietnam I took some time to stroll around the nearby Vietnamese shops (especially the bakeries!) but some may not want to do this and it would suit some to spend all their time in the hotel or central Sydney. I will have no hesitation in revisiting on my next trip to Sydney and recommend to anyone looking for a good standard inexpensive resort style hotel in Sydney

Room Tip: My room on the 4th floor was excellent, they were beautifully furnished and spotlessly clean,I loved...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
SM_McKinnon, Manager at Travelodge Bankstown Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Sherie,

We truly appreciate the time you have taken to submit this review. The team and I are extremely proud of the hotels recent achievements and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Canberra
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel while on a business trip. The decision to stay here was purely based on location as my work is at Homebush.

My first night (of 4) was on the same night as the NRL Grand Final which the Bulldogs happened to be playing in. This hotel is located on top of/within the Bankstown sports club (Bulldogs home club). It was a bit rough getting in, but we managed to make it to reception. The reception staff were quite night and helpful. They walked us through all the features of the club. In particular we were told about how going to the restaurants actually made you feel like you were in those countries (China & Italy).

Anyway, the room were what you expect of a Travelodge with an actual shower! I cant express how delighted I was to see an actual shower instead of those stupid bath showers. From my room, there was next to no noise from the club downstairs so I had a great nights sleep.

Free on-site parking was a big bonus. Being in Bankstown I was glad to have my car so this was a bit help. That being said, the train station was only a block away so would have been fine without it.

The restaurants in the club were quite good, however there were a number of places to eat just outside the place. In particular, there was a great Thai place about a block away towards the station. Great good!

I would certainly consider going back to this Travelodge. It surprised me, especially considering the location.

Room Tip: Higher the better!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
SM_McKinnon, Manager at Travelodge Bankstown Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback on your recent stay with us. I am sure that other travelers will find your comments helpful and the team and I are delighted that you enjoyed the service and facilities of the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed here a few weeks ago. The parking area was easy to get to, and since the travelodge is with the sports club, they even have a shuttle to trolley you to the main foyer if you wait at the bus seat near each stairwell. The ladies at reception were more than helpful, smiled and did their job. Very happy.
As a group of friends we were able to get interconnecting rooms which was a bonus living up to their service and rooms were clean, neat and accommodating. No problems at all with heating, kettle bedding etc. And loved the glass lifts, the eateries in a hidden world behind trees and a fish pond within the club. It.s one of those places where you don't need to leave the vicinity for the night and could enjoy the club itself. Thank you for a great stay.

Room Tip: Upon entering the car park, try to keep driving until you find the closest access point to the main...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
SM_McKinnon, Manager at Travelodge Bankstown Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful feedback in relation to your stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed the facilities and the service that we provide and the team is delighted with the positive comments. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here as part off family weekend. Check in was easy and not a problem. Had a room on level 5. Starting to get frustrated with this new sensation of hotels pushing two smaller beds together and calling it a king. It is still two beds with a gap down the middle for crying out loud! The room.....simple but ticks the boxes. Nice hot shower, climate control, Internet access etc. The hotel is part of the Bankstown Sporties Club and there is a wealth of dining opportunities to be had at reasonable prices.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
SM_McKinnon, Manager at Travelodge Bankstown Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear Nathaen,
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. As a “Top Contributor” on Trip Advisor we recognise that you are well travelled and appreciate your opinion. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sean McKinnon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bankstown
Travelodge Sydney
Travelodge Manly - Warringah
Travelodge Wynyard Sydney
Travelodge Phillip Street Sydney City Hotel
Travelodge Macquarie North Ryde

Been to Travelodge Bankstown Hotel? Share your experiences!