“comfortable, homely” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Breakfree Bankstown International

You added Breakfree Bankstown International to your Saves list
Breakfree Bankstown International
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   477 Chapel Road, Bankstown, New South Wales 2200, Australia   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Bankstown
Brisbane, Australia
“comfortable, homely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

large rooms, self-catering, short walk to train station.
handy to Aldi
only complaint - fridge wasn't working correctly, leaking water on floor
very suitable for family, with washing machine, drier, iron etc included

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Fahad H, General Manager at Breakfree Bankstown International, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Karen,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us in the 2 Bedroom Apartments. I will get maintenance to check the fridges in those units to ensure future guests aren't affected.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Fahad Hayat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

We recently had a 2 night stay whilst we were packing up our house to move.
The Breakfree was a clean tidy hotel with wonderful front staff, they were very friendly and very helpful when we couldn't get the room card to open the door, and very helpful providing timetables for buses and trains.
The foyer was beautifully decorated with Christmas decorations and also had plenty of tourist information.
The Breakfree is in a great location, close to the shopping centre and close to some nice eating places in Bankstown; we were in walking distance to the pub and also a very nice Thai restaurant.
We were impressed with the huge parking area and access to park our 4 wd with trailer.
The swimming pool was a nice way to relax but very heavily chlorinated and swimming without goggles was not comfortable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Shellj0,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and will ensure that the staff hear your knid words. We are very lucky to be centrally located to the local shopping centre, Bankstown Centeral, restaurants and train station.

I have addressed the issue of the chlorine levels and have had them reduced slightly to ensure cleanliness but also the comfort of future guests using the pool.

I hope you enjoy your new place and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We initially booked for just a night layover before flying out international from Sydney airport. We were a bit concerned by the length of travel on the train, knowing we would have to make the return trip the next morning. From the moment we walked into the open, spacious lobby, Ann and Simo offered outstanding, friendly service. As it turned out, the next day our flight was overbooked, and though a bit weary and considering our option to try and find something closer to the airport, we did not hesitate calling to see if we could get a room for a second night. Ann was very helpful by phone, and when we arrived we once again received a friendly welcome from Simo. It is this kind of friendly service that does not go unnoticed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Fahad H, General Manager at Breakfree Bankstown International, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank for providing this feedback. I am very glad to hear that Ann and Simo were able to look after you during your stay and help with the plane delay the day after. I have passed your comments onto them.

I hope you enjoyed your time in Sydney and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

The hotel is bright and airy as you walk into the central atrium that the hotel is built around. The reception staff where very friendly and had me checked in quite rapidly.The room was a good size with a comfortable King Bed. It is older, but everything was working. The TV is very small, about 24" and so did not have an HDMI or USB connection. Bathroom was ok, but had the shower in the bath which I personally hate but was popular when this hotel would have been built.

Overall I was quite happy with my stay for the price. It is certainly a lot cheaper than staying in the city, and with the train station about a 5 minute walk it was not at all inconvenient. I did not try the restaurant or other services of the hotel due to my very full schedule of events, but I would stay there again as I think it is good value for money.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Trevor,

Thank you for your feedback, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff were friendly and efficient. The TVs are a bit small and we are looking at getting standard 32inch ones this year.

We are located very close to the train station and shopping centre which does provide a good alternative to guests staying in the city and I am glad to hear you used the local amenties.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback, I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Newcastle, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Not my worst experience but it felt weird. We had a two bedroom unit in the adjacent block of mixed break free / residential / restaurant. It was basic and not the cleanest. The fridge was loud, we turned it off, it defrosted and left a puddle. The room had plenty of space, did the job while I was travelling for work with the family in tow. It was fairly good value. Overall this place is a bit tired and needs some love.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I am currently on a bit of a long term stay at this hotel for business purpose. Spending so much time away from home means I expect a place I can come to that feels like, if not better, than home.

Upon arrival, I received mediocre service from the man at reception, as well as a lack of offered help with baggage, etc.

I get into my room, and see that it's looks poorly maintained. Bathroom was not very well cleaned and floor needed a vacuum. Some of the TVs also have very poor reception and show a lot of static.

I decide to tour around the place. And I end up at the laundry facilities... Not a clean room at all, but they seem to be okay. And nearby is the pool and gym. Well! That pool that I saw online and in the brochure looks NOTHING like what I saw in real life. Extremely unclean, murky water... I couldn't see the bottom of the pool! I wouldn't even let my dog swim in that. Then I come to the gym.. 4 pieces of equipment in a disgustingly unventilated room which absolutely stunk like I fell into a bag of gym socks and sweaty shirts.

My team and I (who travel for work together) decided to have dinner in the hotel's acclaimed "Cocktail Bar and Restaurant", which is hugely stated on their sign out the front at street view. And much to our disappointment, there was no cocktails! They infact don't sell them anymore... And haven't, for months. We also drank their last 3 beers, and their last bulmers cider... Our waiter was uninformed about the menu and didn't seem enthusiastic about his job. Then after a 30 minute wait for our average dinner, and being the only people in there, a hair was found in a colleagues meal. When pointed out to the waiter, the waiter simply took the hair and claimed that it didn't belong to their "chef".

Another colleague was also electrocuted by the hair dryer that is provided in the room. Nothing was done about the dryer until a formal complaint was made to the Mantra Group. I must admit, their haste to rectify that situation was probably the only stand out thing about this place. It's only such a shame that it wasn't looked at so seriously when the customer told them herself.

Regardless, I appreciate the bed to sleep in and the fresh towels everyday... But I would not return to stay here again. Highly disappointed and embarrassed that my team had to leave their creature comforts for this.

• Stayed October 2013
Godwin O, General Manager at Breakfree Bankstown International, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Hi,

Thank you for your recent feedback.

We have already corresponded regarding the issues raised and these have been rectified. The hairdryer has been replaced and the pool which when you saw it did was being doused with chlorine and had a murky residue but this has since cleared and the pool, as before, is certainly usable.

I have spoken to the F&B staff regrading the lack of beer and the food and have addressed these issues also.

I sincerely apologise that the experience you have had thus far is not in keeping with our usual high standards, i hope you will enjoy the remainder of your stay with us and should you have have any other issues you can speak to me directly.

Regards
Armadale, Western Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Conveniently located within a short walk of shopping centres with buses stopping right out front. The reception staff were most welcoming and helpful, especially Antonio (hope I got his name right). Lovely foyer, room very nice although the switch for the bedside lights didn't work, neither did the clock. Had a beautiful bath with perfectly hot water. Bed was very hard, but, despite being on a busy road, the room was very silent and I slept well. Breakfast was satisfactory, no complaints, but nothing to write home about. Unfortunately room service ends at 9pm which didn't work for my schedule, so I was stuck with Maccas. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Godwin O, Manager at Breakfree Bankstown International, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I have passed on your feedback to Antonio who was delighted to hear you enjoyed his service.

I have had Maintenance rectify the problem with the clock and bedside light, my apologies for this.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Fahad Hayat

Been to Breakfree Bankstown International? Share your experiences!