“It is a bit weird” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Breakfree Bankstown International

You added Breakfree Bankstown International to your Saves list
Breakfree Bankstown International
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   477 Chapel Road, Bankstown, New South Wales 2200, Australia   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Bankstown
Sydney, Australia
“It is a bit weird”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Not my worst experience but it felt weird. We had a two bedroom unit in the adjacent block of mixed break free / residential / restaurant. It was basic and not the cleanest. The fridge was loud, we turned it off, it defrosted and left a puddle. The room had plenty of space, did the job while I was travelling for work with the family in tow. It was fairly good value. Overall this place is a bit tired and needs some love.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I am currently on a bit of a long term stay at this hotel for business purpose. Spending so much time away from home means I expect a place I can come to that feels like, if not better, than home.

Upon arrival, I received mediocre service from the man at reception, as well as a lack of offered help with baggage, etc.

I get into my room, and see that it's looks poorly maintained. Bathroom was not very well cleaned and floor needed a vacuum. Some of the TVs also have very poor reception and show a lot of static.

I decide to tour around the place. And I end up at the laundry facilities... Not a clean room at all, but they seem to be okay. And nearby is the pool and gym. Well! That pool that I saw online and in the brochure looks NOTHING like what I saw in real life. Extremely unclean, murky water... I couldn't see the bottom of the pool! I wouldn't even let my dog swim in that. Then I come to the gym.. 4 pieces of equipment in a disgustingly unventilated room which absolutely stunk like I fell into a bag of gym socks and sweaty shirts.

My team and I (who travel for work together) decided to have dinner in the hotel's acclaimed "Cocktail Bar and Restaurant", which is hugely stated on their sign out the front at street view. And much to our disappointment, there was no cocktails! They infact don't sell them anymore... And haven't, for months. We also drank their last 3 beers, and their last bulmers cider... Our waiter was uninformed about the menu and didn't seem enthusiastic about his job. Then after a 30 minute wait for our average dinner, and being the only people in there, a hair was found in a colleagues meal. When pointed out to the waiter, the waiter simply took the hair and claimed that it didn't belong to their "chef".

Another colleague was also electrocuted by the hair dryer that is provided in the room. Nothing was done about the dryer until a formal complaint was made to the Mantra Group. I must admit, their haste to rectify that situation was probably the only stand out thing about this place. It's only such a shame that it wasn't looked at so seriously when the customer told them herself.

Regardless, I appreciate the bed to sleep in and the fresh towels everyday... But I would not return to stay here again. Highly disappointed and embarrassed that my team had to leave their creature comforts for this.

• Stayed October 2013
Godwin O, General Manager at Breakfree Bankstown International, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Hi,

Thank you for your recent feedback.

We have already corresponded regarding the issues raised and these have been rectified. The hairdryer has been replaced and the pool which when you saw it did was being doused with chlorine and had a murky residue but this has since cleared and the pool, as before, is certainly usable.

I have spoken to the F&B staff regrading the lack of beer and the food and have addressed these issues also.

I sincerely apologise that the experience you have had thus far is not in keeping with our usual high standards, i hope you will enjoy the remainder of your stay with us and should you have have any other issues you can speak to me directly.

Regards
Fahad Hayat
Armadale, Western Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Conveniently located within a short walk of shopping centres with buses stopping right out front. The reception staff were most welcoming and helpful, especially Antonio (hope I got his name right). Lovely foyer, room very nice although the switch for the bedside lights didn't work, neither did the clock. Had a beautiful bath with perfectly hot water. Bed was very hard, but, despite being on a busy road, the room was very silent and I slept well. Breakfast was satisfactory, no complaints, but nothing to write home about. Unfortunately room service ends at 9pm which didn't work for my schedule, so I was stuck with Maccas. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Godwin O, Manager at Breakfree Bankstown International, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I have passed on your feedback to Antonio who was delighted to hear you enjoyed his service.

I have had Maintenance rectify the problem with the clock and bedside light, my apologies for this.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards
Fahad Hayat
Chiba, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We had 1 queen size bed with my daughter for 2 nights $350
Anthony at the front desk was very nice. Restaurant closes early Breakfast was toast pastries ham sausage eggs potatoes cereal fruit yogurt juice of several kind coffee and tea for $15
WIFI didnt work the hotel goes up to 2nd floor but the elevator didn't work so, I had to carry my bag up the stairs. The teacups where not cleaned also the bathtub NEEDs improvement for the housekeeping But if you don't mind for few days its OK
To Sydney downtown is 45 min to International Airport by taxi was about $50 30 min at 6 AM
10 min walk from banks town station Supermarket across the street Shopping mall with food court in walking distance

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Our apartment was huge for two people with an exceptionally large balcony. We had a few problems with access to the basement car park but other than that no problems. I'd certainly go back if I needed to be in this part of Sydney again.

• Stayed May 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment ($375 for 2 nights) which is in the building next door to the main complex - which seemed to be residential units turned to holiday accommodation. Kitchen and bathroom (shower was great) have been renovated, though no effort has been made to the rest of the apartment. Apartment has no carpet so was really cold and had only one air con unit in the living room. Furniture and furnishings old and dated. Location was okay with free parking available. If you are looking for a basic place to sleep/bathe etc. then it's okay, but it's not an apartment which you would enjoy lounging around in. Probably wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We had a two bedroom apartment and my friends had an executive room in the hotel next door. The entrance to the apartments, elevators and corridors are musty and dirty. The apartment however was spacious, comfortable and everything we used was in working order. As per previous reports, housekeeping needs to improve here, there were hairs in the bath, glassware in cupboard was not very clean and some dirty old piece of material on our balcony which overlooked the trash area and building next door. The shower in this apartment was one one of the best ever but our friends next door in the hotel said they had no water pressure and that was because our shower had it all. Beds were comfortable but not enough blankets or doonas. Breakfast in the hotel was reasonable with a good selection and friendly staff, reception staff were okay. The executive room was small but comfortable. Overall it is Bankstown and for what we paid for the night was okay. Would I stay again, not if I didn't have to.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Godwin O, Manager at Breakfree Bankstown International, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Tezza1965

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I regret the shortcomings in service you have reported from housekeeping and our Housekeeping Manager & Maintenance will certainly address the issues reported in your review. This is not the standard we are working to archieve and I apologise for any disappointment you have experienced during your stay. We are happy to hear that you are happy with the breakfast selections and found the staffs to be friendly.
Once again my apologies for your less than ideal stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Breakfree Bankstown again soon.

Regards
Godwin Oparah
Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bankstown
Travelodge Bankstown Hotel
#1 of 2 in Strathfield South
3.5 of 5 stars 266 reviews
Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta
Ibis Budget Sydney Olympic Park Hotel
Ibis Budget Sydney Olympic Park ...
#4 of 4 in Sydney Olympic Park
3.0 of 5 stars 621 reviews

Been to Breakfree Bankstown International? Share your experiences!