“Re-Think your visit to this Hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Breakfree Bankstown International

You added Breakfree Bankstown International to your Saves list
Breakfree Bankstown International
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   477 Chapel Road, Bankstown, New South Wales 2200, Australia   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Bankstown
Perth, Australia
“Re-Think your visit to this Hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

My husband was booked in to this place for a couple of weeks on business, I decided to join him for a long weekend, I was so looking forward to a weekend away. It was lovely to see my husband but the hotel was awful. I had read other reviews about pubic hairs in the bathroom, mould on the walls, stains on the carpets and thought it can't be that bad.......well I can tell you it was.

The room was awful, felt unclean and the bathroom was worse, and yes there were pubic hairs in the bath, it seemed the bathrooms were not cleaned, they changed the towels each day, emptied the bins and folded the toilet paper in to a neat triangle....but as for cleaning there appeared there was none.

The bed was very uncomfortable and you can hear the conversation from the room next door quite clearly, which was great at 2 o'clock in the morning!!!!

The hotel seemed very dated and old, there does not seem to be any upkeep of the place, there was a restuarant but it was never opened whilst we were there, so no where to have breakfast, there was quite a walk to the nearest cafe. There was only one person at the front desk that I saw once on the monday, no-one there at weekends, and I did see a security guard one evening.

If you want a comfortable clean stay in Sydney this is not the place for you. My husband has now moved to a a more cleaner and comfortable hotel.

I will end on a positive though, there was free on-site parking undercover and the hotel had a lift which is good if you have a suitcase.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

I have stayed at the Rydges Bankstown and Travelodge Bankstown, but the Breakfree Bankstown International holds the Ace. The rooms are spacious and the beds are comfortable. The service so far has been great with a friendly welcome and ease of check-in.
The basics room includes a microwave and fridge. However the TV is very small and outdated.
I did not have a mini bar, though there are vending machines and a cocktail lounge within the complex.
Unfortunately the hotel does not have any rewards programs which is a killer for me, but makes up for the good room.
Main shops are 600m away (Bankstown Centro).

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

We stayed at the Breakfree Bankstown over the Easter weekend. The room was spacious and clean, the beds comfortable,but the room was very dated and in need of refurbishment. We were disappointed with the level of hotel services over the weekend, the bar and restaurant was closed over the Easter weekend and there was limited housekeeping services. We would have preferred the hotel be upfront on this at time of booking, rather than at time of check-in. The front staff were friendly and courteous.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Wagga Wagga, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

I travel to Sydney weekly and work throughout the city, I choose to stay at the breakfree bankstown because it is central located and the staff make me feel welcome every time I visit. With so many hotels to choose from is Sydney it takes a special hotel to stand out from the rest, the staff and service is impeccable, so combined with the afforable rates this is my first choice when I stay in the area. 24 hour reception and free parking make the choice even easier and with a quick commute to Homebush, the M4 and the south western corridor this is my number one choice and has been for 6 months now.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Goulburn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010

My husband has stayed in this motel at least 6 times this year due to his eager boss booking an entire year before knowing the state of this place. I have stayed with my husband 2 of those times with our 1 year old child. Unfortunately for my husband, he now cannot get out of staying in this place, I luckily do not have too again.
Here are a few of my issues with this particular motel...
There was pubic hair in & around the bathroom. The carpet was filthy. The tiles all around the bath were covered in mould. Adjoining doors to other rooms on occasion have been left unlocked, giving other patrons access to our room. My husband continually has to request a room with a microwave & toaster, even though he stays there every 3 to 4 weeks. There is no room service available for anytime other than dinner & is unavailable certain nights of the week. The restaurant is also highly overpriced. No cutlery or crockary is available in the rooms.
I doubt they even clean the bathrooms, they are quite disgusting. Neighbouring rooms also manage to be very noisy & we found this to be quite a problem. We complained & the hotel staff rang the room next door to ask them to be quiet as it was past 3am. Barely had contact with any staff during our weeks there but they don't seem to be awfully helpful when we do.
Only stay at this place because there is no other option. Its disgusting & I refuse to stay with my husband when he's there.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Adelaide, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

On booking they copied my photo ID and kept it although all the documentation said I had to produce it. When I asked them for their privacy policy they told me I was wasting their time. They could not tell me what happened to my info and would not refund my booking money.

The bathroom had pubic hair on the tiles, mould on the walls and the clothes line was black with mould. The TV reception has a static noise so even trying to watch TV is difficult. You would probably be better off in a backpackers. I will never stay there again so do yourself a favour stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
western australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

This hotel is extremely over priced stayed longweekend in June in the hotel,
bar/restaurant not open all weekend!!!! no reduction in price for closed amenities. asked to pay $200 deposit upon booking and pay in full 2 weeks prior to stay!! Who does this? I have travelled all over the world and never had to pay in advance. Hotel is ok but should really reduce there rates.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Been to Breakfree Bankstown International? Share your experiences!