“Warm welcome” 5 of 5 stars

Somerset House Farm
Ingleby Cross, Ingleby Arncliffe, Northallerton DL6 3JP, England   |
“Warm welcome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Thanks for an excellent overnight stay. We felt so comfortable and welcome in your home from home that we will definately come back to stay, hopefully in the summer when we could fully appreciate all your facilities.

• Stayed February 2014
AshleyVaughanWatson, Owner at Somerset House Farm, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we would look forward to a return visit from you in the summer, Best wishes,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Media, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I just departed the SHF after a 1 week stay. My friend Gary has been a guest there for the better part of four months. So he recommended I stay there as well. I was reluctant at first as I always thought of myself as a traditional hotel guy. I have stayed at many in the Stockton/Yarm area over the years as my travels take me to this area several times a year.

Breakfasts were great; traditional English... Ashley and Andy are in a word FANTASTIC! The accomodations were very comfortable, and clean. The place has a warmth to it. I stayed in the converted barn, which has three nicely appointed rooms and a library with a walk out to a patio/garden area. The nice part of that was there is plenty of privacy, being separate from the main farm house where my friend was staying.

I am sure Gary had prepared them for my quick wit and charming personality, as our banter by the week's end was like family. It allowed for a true sense it was home I was returning to every night. Thanks to the guys for a great week! I Look forward to returning in the near future. All the best to SHF... Ashley, Andy, the girls Molly and Betty, Coco and their new arrival Hope.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Bill Bill Bill, what can I say ?
You arrived as a guest and both Andy and myself feel you left as a friend. We had a blast, really enjoyed the wit and banter, although you have to get up earlier to be wittier than me.
Jokes aside, as with Gary we feel we've made some good friends for life ( you have changed my American dad ideology of the USA lol )
Thank you so much, and for you generosity and we look forward to your next business trip,
Best wishes Ashley
Goole
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I have to say this is the first review we have ever done. So impressed I felt it would be unfair to Ashley and Andy (the hosts) to come away and not leave a review. Just returned from an overnight. This was our first visit to Somerset house Farm. We had a fantastic stay. Room and breakfast was fantastic. Read previous reviews I would agree with the vast majority of positive comments. Re the sad minority of negative ones bemused by their comments and amused by Ashleys feedback. Haha
Will definitely be returning!

• Stayed February 2014
Your first review and its for us, what can I say. We have had a really good run with really nice guests recently and you are no exception. Like I said in a previous response we should be able to rate guests, and if we could you would be up there at the top,
Many thanks, and look forward to seeing you again, Ashley :)
york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

we stayed here just 1 night and really could have stayed longer, a very welcoming host, we stayed in the converted barn which was exceptionally neat and clean, superbly done out with quality furniture and fittings, lovely comfy bed, warm and cosy room. with plenty of refreshments. we loved the farm house, a lot of time and effort has gone into this guest house, beautiful gardens and a very welcoming bar area, we stayed out of season and was very well accommodated and we would very much enjoy a stay in the spring/summer to take advantage of the bar and outdoor area. A very plentiful breakfast was on offer we could have anything we wanted, the scrambled eggs were really nice and the toast perfect, lovely fresh coffee was enjoyed. we chatted to Ashley when we had finished breakfast, a very hard working genuine guy whose achievements very clearly show in this delightful guest house. A really great place and would very happily stay again

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Excellent !
Judy thank you for your wonderful review and we are really pleased you enjoyed your stay. We really hope you do come back in the summer to stay again. Guests like yourselves make me think there should be a guestadviser site ( I've bought the domains if anybody has the know-how, lol )
Best wishes Ashley
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed on a one night stop over on our way to Scotland from London. Our arrival was smooth and easy. Our room was upstairs in a converted barn and was more than enough for a b&b. The decor was beautiful and facilities plentiful. The hosts were very friendly and provided a filling and delicious breakfast. Thanks guys, we definitely stay again and recommend to others traveling through :-)

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
AshleyVaughanWatson, Owner at Somerset House Farm, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Thank you, for a great review and I hope you had a fabulous time at Edinburgh's Hogmanay Celebrations. Hope to see you again if you go for the 2014/15 celebrations,
Sheffield, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Just returned from a lovely stay at Somerset House Farm. We had a one night stay as we were going to a wedding nearby. We booked a double room and a twin room. We arrived a little early but were made to feel very welcome and given everything we needed. The rooms are lovely; nicely decorated with all you need. They were both spotlessly clean and our bed was very comfortable. Our breakfast this morning was freshly made and very tasty. I have no hesitation in recommending Somerset House Farm.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hi Rosalind, thank you for your lovely review. It was really nice to meet you and your family.
Northallerton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

A group of four of us stayed for the weekend, as we had a friends Christmas Wedding to attend. My partner and I stayed in the barn conversion and must say what a fabulous place it is to stay. The whole weekend was amazing from start to finish. From the lovely warm welcome, we had drinks on arrival and the owners Ashley and Andy just couldn't do enough for us. I have never met such a lovely couple. So sorry about all of the confetti that we left everywhere.! We shall definitely be booking for 2014, I can't wait to see the surroundings in the summer, as they were amazing even in December,... we shall definitely visit again if only for the best cooked breakfast that I have ever tasted. Many thanks.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
It's always nice to meet such nice people that you've heard a lot about.
Thank you so much for the cracking review and it was a pleasure to meet you.
Hope to see you again soon,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ingleby Arncliffe
Porch House
Porch House
#2 of 30 in Northallerton
5.0 of 5 stars 82 reviews

Been to Somerset House Farm? Share your experiences!