“Quite a surprise” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Budget Dandenong

You added Ibis Budget Dandenong to your Saves list
Ibis Budget Dandenong
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   185 - 193 Princes Highway | Cnr. Edgewood Road, Dandenong, Victoria 3175, Australia (Formerly Formule 1)   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Dandenong
Melbourne
“Quite a surprise”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed here for one night as it was close to a business meeting the following morning and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the experience.

The rooms are certainly small and very basic but the hotel doesn't pretend to anything more than a budget hotel and it was fantastic value at $75. I was impressed by the cleanliness and slept extremely well in the bed.

The hotel is situated on the main road with not much around but it is an easy drive in to Dandenong. An earlier review spoke about the grouping of long-term residents at the entrance and I have to admit that I was initially put off by this on arrival. However, it is all harmless and I there was no noise at all in the evening.

The reception staff were very friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
F1-Dandenong, Manager at Ibis Budget Dandenong, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Sir
Thank you for your review regarding our budget hotel and also many thanks for describing the hotel and service exactly as it is.We are a budget hotel with clean comfortable rooms .Being a budget hotel we do cater for a lot of groups throughout the year.I am glad that you found our long term guests to be harmless.Though our reception closes at 10pm we are onsite all the time to make sure you get a good nights sleep.
Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

very good friendly service very helpfull with close attractions close to dandenong shopping center that has all you need train into town and bus services hotel has heaps of free parking clean tidy rooms i highly reccomend the breakfast overall a very good value for money hotel

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Brendon
We delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our budget hotel.We very much enjoyed having both of you here.Hope you enjoyed all the races around Australia.Looking forward to see you at the hotel in the future.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I needed a good clean secure place to stay whilst visiting my daughter who is studying at Monash, Clayton. For the price of A$75 that the hotel charges, u really can;t do better, unless u want to stay in a motel, which is a far cry from the cleanliness n security I enjoyed at Formule 1. It's a great cheap place to stay the night if u are exploring the Dandenong area, but u definitely need a car.
The room is not large at all but with a double decker bed, u can sleep 3 pax. There is no wardrobe, no handtowels or washcloths, bath gels etc. No room phone either. There is a communal fridge n micro wave oven in the lobby area but that din bother me. In other words, no fancy frills. But that din bother me. I enjoyed the great value for money accomodation n simply bot whatever neccessities I needed. There was airconditioning n heating, TV n with the larger part of the day spent out, it was just what I wanted. I WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK !!
PS: the rooms are cleaned only every 4th day but towels are changed everyday.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, Manager at Ibis Budget Dandenong, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for submitting a review regarding our hotel.

We were thrilled to read that you found our property to be "Great value for money", clean and safe.

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the very near future.

Warm Regards,

Management
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Would not stay here again. A lot of permanent residents that made me feel uncomfortable as they gathered and cooked their meals (using microwave) right in foyer entrance. They need a separate kitchen area for the perm residents I feel. Was glad my husband was with me as I would of felt unsafe as a woman on her own. Very much like staying in housing commission flat. The location was convenient to both our works for a business function we needed to attend - the only reason we booked here and seemed cheap, though after staying here, we now think $75 for midweek stay was way over the top for what we experienced.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Maria C, Manager at Ibis Budget Dandenong, responded to this review, May 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback regarding our hotel.

I will be forwarding your remarks to the Hotel Management for review, it is our utmost priority for all of our guests to feel safe during their stay.

We offer a communal kitchen as an added service and convenience to all of our guests and we endeavor this to be a benefit to our guests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Kind Regards,

Management
Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

The hotel room small and clean (except the bed linen was a bit marked/stained but it was definitely clean and washed) and for $80 a night everything was to be expected. There was a tv, shower, toilet, sink, airconditiong, desk and beds. Everything was in perfect working order. The reception staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
F1-Dandenong, Manager at Ibis Budget Dandenong, responded to this review, February 5, 2012
Dear Traveller
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Formule 1 Dandenong. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Kusum Raj
Hotel Manager

Been to Ibis Budget Dandenong? Share your experiences!