Once in the beautiful huge 1 bedroom apartment, there was not a lot to do except relax, which was perfect because that is what we wanted to do. The outlook is not the best view that you can get from Airlie Beach but we were fortunate enough to secure a reasonable view, especially if you stood up on the balcony to look out. Sitting at the table was not so good for the view. The spa bath is huge and square - just beautiful. You can arrange for the meals to be delivered to your room for a $5 charge. We chose to do this several times and it was always prompt and hot. The staff were all lovely and very accommodating. They have a shuttle bus running every 2 hours that will take you to Airlie Beach township and bring you back to the hotel. This is a great idea because as the hotel is built on the side of a mountain, it is a very steep walk down to town. It's a very steep walk to anywhere, including the pool and reception. They do offer to pick you up in the golf buggy to take you to and from dinner, pool or day spa. The pool is an infinity pool but unfortunately from most areas you can only see the rooftop of the block of units in front of you from the pool, rather than the bay area. The restaurant is outside which is lovely on a breezy hot day. I'm not so taken with the dinner meals as I do prefer something without chilli or curry and am anxious about ordering steak for fear I will ask for medium and have blood running out of it. This goes for any restaurant I eat at so is not a reflection on Peppers as such. To find something "plainer" I chose the risotto and it was divine. There is not a lot to do at the resort due to where it is situated but that was fine for us as we just wanted to chill out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on the hill top overlooking the majestic Whitsunday Passage, Peppers Airlie Beach, offers stylish and elegant accommodation in the heart of Airlie Beach. At the resort you are perfectly positioned to experience the wonders of the spectacular Whitsunday islands and the vibrant seaside village of Airlie Beach. Accommodation includes beautifully appointed One, Two and Three Bedroom Spa Apartments, all with majestic views of the Whitsunday passage and wide breezy verandas maximising the tropical lifestyle experience. All apartments feature bathrobes, free WiFi, clothes dryer, daily room service, direct dial telephone, flat screen TV with cable, in-house movies, hair dryer, in-room safe, in-room pay for view movie system, mini bar, air conditioning, spa bath, self contained kitchen including cook top, oven, tea/coffee making facilities, fridge, freezer, microwave and dishwasher. They also feature separate lounge and dining area, iPod docking station, washing machine, ironing facilities and One Bedroom Apartments offer disabled facilities. The resort offers a multitude of leisure options including the culinary delights of the exceptional Tides Restaurant & Bar, pure pampering and relaxation at the onsite endota spa or you can revive by the stunning wet-edge resort pool. Tours leave daily from Airlie Beach and offer an array of things to do including sailing, day trips to the Great Barrier Reef, scenic flights over Whitehaven Beach, skydiving, scuba diving, snorkelling and crocodile safaris. In the town of Airlie Beach you will discover a selection of shops and boutiques intertwined amongst a variety of dining and entertainment venues. The Whitsunday's protected waterways, myriad of islands and Great Barrier Reef are all at your fingertips when holidaying at Peppers Airlie Beach. From 1 Feb until 31 April reception hours are Sun-Thur 7am to 7pm, Fri & Sat 7am to 9pm. For the rest of the year reception will be open 7am to 11pm daily. If you expect to arrive outside reception opening hours, please inform the property 1 day in advance, using the contact details found on the booking confirmation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Peppers Airlie Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Coral Coast Hotel Airlie Beach
- Peppers Airlie Beach Whitsunday Islands