Cannot fault the accommodation or service at the Marina Shores, but 2kms to the centre was not our expectation. Lovely 2 bedroom executive apartment, with 2 double beds, 1 with en-suite, kitchen, washing m/c, dryer etc, plus plenty of storage. Nice view from our room over-looking the Marina. A little noisy sometimes due to turning vehicles, esp the coaches doing 20-point turns. Staff Service was excellent, knowledgeable and friendly. We used the 'pool' car once which is a bit costly ($20-2hrs), but flexibility wins here. (Car hire is $64/day which we also did). Our only small negativity is about the distance from Airlie Beach centre. The Flight Centre brochure stated 'a short stroll to Abel Point Marina' (agree it is), 'and Airlie Beach'. Do not agree a 2kms walk (shortest route) should be classified as a 'stroll', and this stroll is 2.5-3.0kms is you take the boardwalk (and my Strava Walking app supports this). We did walk in a few times and back, sometimes taking taxi. ($5-10 one way). We found the buses too infrequent, and was told it is cheaper by taxi when you have 4 people. Lastly Airlie Beach itself - currently undergoing extensive road/pavement works to pedestrianize the high street. It will be nice when completed. But, check out Airlie Beach resort itself before booking, as we found there is not much to do. (compared to our visit to Port Douglas the previous year, where we found some nice quality shops and restaurants)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marina Shores absolute waterfront living is positioned in a prestigious oceanfront location in Airlie Beach. Consisting of 50 luxurious fully self contained apartments with views overlooking Abel Point Marina, the Coral Sea and to the Whitsunday Islands this is certainly a new standard of fashionable accommodation in Airlie Beach.The variety of rooms include, 1, 2 and 3 bedroom spa apartments and incredible 2 bedroom 2 level spa penthouses. Marina Shores has been designed to be totally different in space, light and colour with vogue interiors, spacious balconies, state of the art lighting and a heated 30 metre pool with lush gardens ensuring each guests enjoys an oasis of luxury and tranquility. Just a 5 minute stroll along the seaside boardwalk to Abel Point Marina where tours depart for the Great Barrier Reef, Whitehaven Beach and the Whitsunday Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and Orbitz so you can book your at Marina Shores reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Shores Hotel Airlie Beach
- At Marina Shores Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands