“Easy going B&B with great views” 4 of 5 stars

Airlie Beach Myaura Bed and Breakfast
23 Nara Avenue, Airlie Beach, Queensland 4802, Australia   |
Ranked #12 of 16 Airlie Beach B&B and Inns
Fremantle, Australia
“Easy going B&B with great views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Lesley & Alan made us feel welcome from check-in to check-out. The tastiest cheese/antipasto complimentary platter we've experienced with a glass of Chardonnay. Top nosh! Cute & compact en-suite bathroom. Large bed was firm & comfy, we both got a relaxing night’s sleep. Casual checkout time was opportune after a late night watching two complimentary DVDs (another bonus). The view from our front balcony during continental breakfast was stunning. Highly recommended. Cheers, Ben & Teresa

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Southend on Sea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

Was welcomed by the owners with a brief tour of the room and breakfast in the fridge. Very basic, but clean. The bed was very uncomfortable and in need of a new mattress. I thought the price was expensive, compared to other places we had stayed in on our tour along the East coast.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

We stayed in Myaura Bed and Breakfast 3 nights, the bed and breakfast is on the hill, 10 minutes walk from the sea. Lesley welcomed us with a plate of many cheese, salami, olive, cookies and red wine. The room (fantastic seaview room) is painted with strong colurs and colorful, very clean and the bathroom to. The breakfast is helpyourself and it's fantastic eat your breakfast on the terrace.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

Beautiful house near to the center of Airlie Beach, but away from the party scene. Very friendly!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2011

We were on our honeymoon from the UK and didnt want to spend lots on hotel accomodation so decided to go B&B route as we were traveling around for almost a month!! We were delt in a very professional manor and Lesley was very very helpful on the other end of the phone she even booked our trips for us for the Whitsundays. I could not of asked for any more of Alan and Lesley. My husband and I would highly recommend this Myaura B&B. We will return again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Oxfordshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

My husband and I booked in to the Myaura on our way down the Queenland Coast. On arrival we were given a welcome plate which was very pleasant but could have been improved if the biscuits had been crisp. The plate was probably prepared a little early and kept in the fridge with cling film. The lady owner was very helpful and pleasant. We were in the purple room which had a lovely view to the Whitsundays. the balcony was great. However, 'the ensuite' bathroom was a bit disappointing as the privacy through a bead curtain is not great. Also, all the batteries in tv, a/c and dvd remote controls were rotten and in order to get the a/c working we had to knock the owners up and ask for a replacement control. |Breakfast too was disappointing - we had expected a continental breakfast but not such a minimalist diy one with the cheapest spreads, cereal and juices and no choice of white or brown bread. It should have been made clearer what was on offer at the booking stage. These all kept in the fridge from the previous day.

All the above aside, we passed a pleasant time in Airlie Beach although as Myaura was the most expensive B & B we stayed in during our 3 week trip, it certainly was not the best value.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Franklin, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

I have to admit that it always is a tenuous situation going online to find accommodations no matter where in the world one might be traveling. You see beautiful photographs, read reviews that are, truly, subjective ... and are left wondering just what you might be getting yourself into by choosing one inn or hotel over another.
Let me say from right off the bat that, like any review, this is subjective -- but honest.
One couldn't ask for better accommodations when traveling to the picturesque Whitsundays than to stay at the Myaura Bed & Breakfast in Airlie Beach!
To begin, my daughter and I arrived in Airlie Beach later in the day than most people might (because of our flight schedule), and our hostess/innkeeper Lesley couldn't have been more wonderful. Unexpectantly, she had a tray of cheese and crackers waiting for us in our spacious room to take the edge off our hunger. That was a pleasant surprise since we weren't sure if we'd be venturing into town to eat after our journey (which we did, by the way, despite the evening's rain). The little kitchenette (no cooking facilities, by the way ... which in no way was expected. I'm just pointing this out so you know.) was fully stocked with coffee, tea and cool water, bread to toast in the morning, toppings for the toast, as well as cereals to sate one's hunger. (I hope I'm not forgetting anything!)
The accommodations were lovely -- the room was decorated with beautiful antiques, serene, beachlike colors, and even had a television with dvd player (including a few dvds). My daughter and I stayed in the Garden Room, which consisted of 2 separate sleeping areas.
It wasn't until the next morning, in the light of day, when we got the true effect of this idyllic setting. Stepping through the screen door onto the veranda, guests get a feast for their eyes gazing out at the sea and greenery galore. If that isn't enough to enjoy, the birds orchestrate a symphony for one's listening enjoyment! (at least we Americans revelled in the uncustomary sounds)
Lesley and her husband Alan could not have been kinder -- they suggested activities and destinations to make our stay more enjoyable; they were available to ferry us down to the main street in Airlie Beach (although we also enjoyed the short walk to get the lay of the land. Please be advised that it is hilly for that walk back! For those not wishing to face the hills, there are taxis in abundance to get back to the inn.). In short, they were friendly, inviting, and we felt we were welcome in their home. Who could ask for anything more?!
Yes, I know it sounds like I'm gushing, but, like I said at the onset, I would be honest in this review. Some day I hope to return to the Whitsundays so I can see, enjoy and visit more of its beautiful offerings. I intend to stay to Myaura B&B when I return. If this isn't indication of how I found the accommodations and our hosts, I don't know what is.
When I travel, it is the "little" things that matter most, that are most appreciated. All around, this was a wonderful, restful experience! My only regret was it was too short-lived!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Been to Airlie Beach Myaura Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!