“Fantastic stay - am planning another trip!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Airlie Apartments

Save Saved
You added Airlie Apartments to your Saves list
Airlie Apartments
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   22 Airlie Crescent, Airlie Beach, Queensland 4802, Australia   |
Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic stay - am planning another trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

All I can say is thank you a thousand times over - Cathy you were a perfect host. There was nothing that was too much trouble. Cathy booked tours for me and even drove me to the drop off point when it was tour day. One adventure was a fishing trip, which she suggested that I can take the "prized" catch down to a restaurant associated with the apartments for them to cook it up for me. Cathy made a reservation; spoke to the chef dropped me off and arranged for a lift back. She went absolutely above and beyond.

Airlie Apartments are great value for money and in a fantastic location. It is far enough away from the main strip yet close enough for a leisurely walk (down the hill!).

The pool is well maintained, and was a delight to lye by. Great value for money and I can highly recommend staying here. You will enjoy your stay if you choose to spend your holiday here.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
AirlieAptsinAirlie, Manager at Airlie Apartments, responded to this review, March 3, 2011
That was an exciting day for you catching the last fish of the day! Our other business is Waterline on Shingley, a restaurant, wedding and conference centre so we are able to get the chef to cook up your catch for you to enjoy! What better way to experience Airlie Beach and the Whitsundays. Our bus that we use for airport transfers is also utilised at night to take guests to the restaurant, not only if you are staying at Airlie Apartments but other properties or from a private address in Airlie Beach & surrounds. Those naughty cockatoos loved your garden view balcony. If Melbourne gets toooo cold for you, just pick up the phone and I will book an apartment for you! Thank you for your wonderful comments and it is lovely to hear from another hospitality colleague that my service is appreciated.

233 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

We cannot thank Cathy enough for all the help and assistance she gave us on our recent trip to Airlie beach. Not only did she assist us with choosing our trips she also helped out of an accomodation nightmare we had with our original booked house.Cathy came to our rescue providing us with an excellent 3 bedroomed poolside apartment that was clean and spacious and offered everything we needed. We were also allowed to stay all day on our last day as our flight was not until the evening so could relax around the pool and get ready for the trip home in comfort. We would highly recommend these apartments to anyone travelling to Airlie Beach and cannot thank Cathy enough for all her assistance.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
I was more than happy to help you out of your other booking when everything was not as you expected. Wherever I can help to make your stay as easy and as enjoyable as I can is the 'service' my guests deserve. If I don't need the apartment for someone else then you may as well be comfortable and make the most of the day before flying home! Thank you for taking the time to write a comment as it very much appreciated and I can honestly say that many of our guests do read your feedback. You were a delightful family gathering from around the world and it was a special time for everyone. I do hope we get to see you again when you are next in Airlie Beach.
Cathy Logan
Resident Manager
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

We booked this as the last leg of our trip to Australia. We decided on Airlie Apartments as they were reasonably priced for what we wanted. The website description said that the apartment was basic, it was far from! We had a poolside apartment which had a spacious living and kitchen area, really comfy couch and good sized bedroom and bathroom. All we needed and we were really pleasantly suprised. The only niggle I had was that the air con in the bedroom rattled (being british we arent used to airconditioning!) but we figured out that if we put the air conditioning on in the living room and kept the bedroom door open we were cool and it was much quieter. The pool is lovely and shaded which is a releif from the harsh sun. the complex is up a quite steep hill so I wouldnt advise if you dont like to walk, but you can get a cab up the hill from the resort for a few dollars anyway so it doesnt really matter. All in all I wouldnt hesitate to recommend Airlie Apartments to anyone.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Redondo Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

I never write reviews on places, but had such a great experience at Airlie Apartments that I had to share it. From the moment we arrived, Cathy was above and beyond helpful. We loved the "family-owned" feeling of the place as we had very personalized attention.

The room was great! We had a 2 bedroom apartment with an AMAZING view. We loved it! It was so nice to have a full kitchen, space to spread out, and a great balcony to relax on. We stayed at about 10 different hotels on our trip through New Zealand and Australia and this was by far our best experience. I highly recommend it to anyone traveling to Airlie Beach!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
AirlieAptsinAirlie, Manager at Airlie Apartments, responded to this review, January 28, 2011
Thank you for your wonderful comments. Most guests do comment on the cleanliness and the space inside the apartments. Our hilltop location provides fantastic views and it is lovely to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you had a safe onward journey and eventually returning to the USA. We hope to see you again when next visiting Airlie Beach.
Cathy Logan - Resident Manager - Airlie Apartments - 07 4946 6222
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011 via mobile

Maybe simply my interpretation and expectation of the web photos but I was disappointed with the quality of the unit.

If you are looking for a unit at the more "modern" or "current" end of the market it may be worth checking the room decor.

But I stress, the management could not provide better service, the property is well maintained.

• Stayed January 2011
AirlieAptsinAirlie, Manager at Airlie Apartments, responded to this review, January 20, 2011
I have tried to contact you via Trip Advisor to discuss the apt you were in but I have not heard from you. All the photo's on our web page/brochures have been taken by myself. Our gallery photo's provide a good example of the room types we offer. The 2 Bedroom Superior Ocean View Apartments are the top of our range and maybe that is what you thought you might be getting as they are lovely, however there is only 2 of them. All our view and garden view apartments are of similar standard inside and not as modern as you stated. Our book online service on the website also displays photos depicting the room type. Thank you for taking the time to point this out to me as every comment is important and for commenting on our service, cleanliness and location.
Geelong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

Airlie Apartments made our Schoolies stay in the area much easier! The friendly staff and great facilities enabled us to relax and enjoy the special time with friends. We had two apartments, both were lovely and clean and had all necessary cooking equipment, TV's and DVD players.
Cathy is a lovely manager, she looked after us as if we were her children, offered us DVDs to watch, booked tours for us and even gave us a lift to the supermarket!
Definitely a wonderful atmosphere!
The hill, affectionately known as 'Helga', is an exciting feature of Airlie Apartments it should be embraced with enthusiasm :)

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
geelong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

I recently stayed at airlie appartments with some friends on a schoolies trip. Despite our us all being 18 Cathy didnt show the usual contempt towards kids our age instead giving us excellent service and guidence when we were choosing what activities to do in the whitsundays. Our rooms were very good for the price all of them having air con and dvd players. The pool area was lovely for a swim and relax. Just be sure to pack some walking shoes for the many walks up that hill. Great for anyone looking to stay in shape while holidaying though. All in all the people at airlie appartments made our stay in the whitsundays a most enjoyable one.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
It was an absolute pleasure to enjoy the company of a really delightful group and you were all a credit to the youth of today. We host schoolies every year and this year we enjoyed the school leavers who decided to holiday after the usual 'schoolies festivities'. You were mature and responsible and I wish you well in your future endeavours. I hope you visit again when you are searching for your next holiday.

Cathy Logan - Resident Manager - Airlie Apartments - 07 4946 6222

Been to Airlie Apartments? Share your experiences!