This place is absolutely amazing. The view is to die for. The cooking facilities are excellent - all Miele. We cooked a barbie a few nights which was great also. It was so lovely and relaxing sitting on the beautiful spacious balcony overlooking Airlie Beach and the Whitsundays. The worst thing about the Azure Sea was having to leave. This resort should definitely be rated 5 stars. I've noticed some people disliked the walk back up the hill to the Azure Sea but on a beautiful night it is really not that bad. A good way to work off a little bit of over indulgence!! We would definitely go back there again. We could not fault the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mercure Azure Sea is located at Airlie Beach, gateway to the famous Whitsunday Islands. This four star resort features 30 self catering apartments, fully equipped with the latest European appliances, surrounded by landscaped tropical gardens and only 15 minutes walk from the main beach or shopping centre. Guests enjoy stunning 180 degree views over the Coral Sea to Hayman Island and a spectacular infinity edge waterfall swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, ACCOR, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Grand Mercure Azure Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Azure Sea Hotel Airlie Beach
- Grand Mercure Azure Sea Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands