Holding a wedding on an island in North Queensland in the wet season has slight risks, however what's the chances that a cyclone will actually be predicted for your wedding day? When planning our dream wedding, this was a risk we took. 48 hours from our wedding day, the ferries were stopping at 6pm and many of our guests were still to arrive on the mainland the following day. With the support of the Airlie Beach community, we organised our entire day in 24 hours, the one area that you don't generally need to take into consideration when planning your wedding is the individual accommodation needs of your guests. Many of the local accommodation providers were extremely helpful to our guests at such short notice, however the help and support of the at Hotel Group went above and beyond anything we could have hoped for. You always hope that your guests are treated with the respect and service that you are treated with when they are coming to your event, and we can say for certain, our guests were. From extending guests bookings; keeping rooms aside for guests who needed new bookings; collecting some guests with their chauffeur service; and blocking a penthouse out for our wedding suite went above and beyond the call of duty. The at Hotel Group has 5 properties which are all ranges, so it was perfect for our guests. The Penthouse that had been set aside for our wedding night and night before the wedding was AMAZING! When we look back now at what we ended up staying in for our wedding night, we could not be happier. It was on the top level at Waters Edge Resort, right in Airlie Beach and had an outside jacuzzi, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (which came in handy the night before the wedding as my 5 beautiful bridesmaids stayed with me), and it was the most perfect location to get ready with hair & make up the morning of the wedding. We have been speechless for the last 2 weeks as trying to find the words that express the heartfelt thanks we want to express to those local businesses who helped us have our dream wedding has been hard. What could have been a disaster to look back on and wish went differently, was turned into something so very special that we will remember forever, and it's because of local businesses like the at Hotel Group who are passionate about what they do and helping their community. Thank you so much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If location, tranquility and comfort are what you are looking for in holiday accommodation, then Water's Edge Resort apartments are for you. Water's Edge Resort apartments in Airlie Beach are quietly nestled in the hillside amongst lush tropical gardens, 100 metres from the centre of the bustling cosmopolitan village of Airlie Beach. Water's Edge is quite simply one of the Whitsunday's premier holiday locations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Waters Edge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waters Edge Hotel Airlie Beach
- Waters Edge Hotel Whitsundays
- Waters Edge Airlie Beach
- Waters Edge Resort Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands