“Very Roomy and Spacious” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Waters Edge Resort

Save Saved
You added Waters Edge Resort to your Saves list
Waters Edge Resort
4.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   4 Golden Orchid Drive | Whitsundays, Airlie Beach, Queensland 4802, Australia   |
Ranked #5 of 16 Airlie Beach B&B and Inns
Caloundra Australia
“Very Roomy and Spacious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We had a few days here and found this spot to be so close to everything we needed. Our first room was close to all the noise of a wedding and we were moved which was great. So close to walk to everything you need. Our room was large and spacious.

Have no complaints. Spent time here as a couple.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

382 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My sister in law got married in Airlie and the reception was held at Deja Vu restaurant at Water's Edge so most of the family booked rooms here. The website for water's edge doesn't have great photos - they really should update them! We stayed for 6 nights, and our apartment got serviced/cleaned once. I actually walked in when the cleaners were in our apartment, and to my horror one lady was sitting at the dining room table reading my newspaper!! The other 4 people were busy cleaning away. It was quite funny because as soon as the lady saw me she got up straight away and began wiping the table haha.. I didn't mind, at least there were 4 people working!

I didn't think that highly of our room - no.6 as it was very noisey. It was on the end of the block and so we heard all the traffic from the road, the nightclubs and the construction which is occurring across the road. Plus there was no pool access, no TV in the master bedroom nor sufficient curtains to block out the sun (we added a blanket over the hanging), the master shower head was like a hose and definitely needs replacing!!, the dining room only seated 4 people, the couches were old and yucky, and the TV was too small for the size of the apartment.

However, as there were many of us I got to see all the other apartments - we definitely had the worst of the lot! If you are going to stay here, try to get no. 9 - it has direct pool access (which is where you spend most time), 6 seater dining table, big LG plasma, small TV in master bedroom, newer and brightly coloured comfy couch, no noise, and a great view! Perfect for a family!

If I didn't see how good no. 9 was, I would have given a bad review - but I would definitely come back to stay at waters edge next time we visit Airlie and request no.9!!!

The food at Deja Vu was absolutely delish!! My partner and I enjoy spending big bucks on good quality food, and we would def recommend Deja Vu.
As part of the wedding reception, we tried Oyster Shooters, Spanner crab pastries, Teriyaki scallops, and lobster skewers -- ALL devine!
For the wedding menu, there was a large selection, but my partner ordered the Pork belly and Kangaroo and I ordered the Calamari salad and Tandoori Chicken. I absolutely loved the tandoori chicken! The calamari was good, but I thought the pork belly was better. My partner loved the kangaroo too.
The service was outstanding - constant smiles and quality service from all staff. Definitely recommend anyone intending on hosting a small wedding to have it at Deja Vu.
The bar closed at 11pm, and everyone was out by 11:30pm. So noise shouldn't be a factor if you are visiting and not attending a wedding. The next day there was another wedding on, and yes we were unable to use the top two pools from 2pm onwards, however the bottom pool and spa are able to be used. And we went up to the BBQ area on the top level and spend all arvo up there enjoying the view and family company.
All in all, and despite our bad luck with rooms, I would recommend Waters Edge (no.9 room) and Deja Vu!! :)

Room Tip: Request no.9 - good furnishings, direct pool access - stay away from no. 6!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

My partner and I recently stayed at Waters Edge Resort for 10 days after we previously had a shorter stay last year. This is the place to call your home when you visit Airlie Beach. The resort is wonderful, with stunning views from the pools and apartments. Our room was immaculate and the balcony was where we spent most our time to enjoy the view with nibbles and a few drinks at sunset. Made use of the well equiped kitchen and modern washer/dryer. Bed was super comfy and i am curious as to where they purchase the pillows from, they were like clouds! Staff were friendly and helpful. Easy booking reef trips at reception. They had a wedding booked during our stay, and I must admit i had a peek when it was being set up, and wow!, the pool area is a prime and perfect location for such a milestone. We were advised about not being able to use two of the three pools for a few hours during the celebrations, but we were not fussed since it's a short stroll to the lagoon anyway. This resort is in a great location and is a easy walk to everything.
I highly recommend Waters Edge for anyone who wants a memorable, relaxing holiday on the Whitsunday Coast. We look forward to returning very soon.

• Stayed September 2013
North Mackay, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Spent three days at Waters Edge in Airlie Beach sitting on a balconey absorbing the views and yes the pool view is just like the piture. Rooms were clean, comfortable and spaceous and contained everything we need. Will go back again.

Room Tip: Staff are very helpfull when booking if you just ask.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We were in Airlie Beach for three days and nights for work. On our friends recommendation (below) we booked a three bedroom apartment on a great deal. The apartment and bedrooms were well presented and very clean. The view was spectacular, the amenities great and the restaurant fabulous. It is a short walk down to the main street to visit the bars and clubs, but still in a very quiet location. If we did not have to work everyday, we would have stayed on the balcony enjoying the view and having a few drinks. The reception staff were fantastic, assisting us with our various requests. We will stay here in the future weather on business or pleasure.

Room Tip: The Top Floors have the best views, but the ground floor puts you straight onto the pools.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Geelong, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We were told on arrival (not prior) that there was a wedding on that day but we were not moved to another area of the hotel because we had a great view from our room - we certainly did have that. However most of the pool area was closed for a few hours and there was quite a bit of noise from the wedding party. We then had a few days during the week without wedding guests but with noise from the street works and construction of a supermarket directly opposite from 7 am till 6 pm! This made it a bit unpleasant sitting out on the balcony. The following Friday another wedding party arrived in preparation for a wedding the following day so again a lot of noise around the pool area. The location was great, relatively easy walking up from the shops and lagoon, wouldn't want to walk any further up the very steep hill. The Deja Vu restaurant was fabulous - excellent food, stunning setting, great service and reasonable prices.

Room Tip: Check if there is a wedding on. Ask for a room with direct access to the pool area.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The rooms were spacious and clean, large balcony, however no comfy seating, HARD wooden chairs, you are there to enjoy the beautiful view could make it more comfortable for guests. Our visit was ruined by a Wedding taking place on the Saturday, the pool area on the Friday was taken over by wedding guests and the facilities CLOSED to other paying guests on the Saturday, I have no grip against the wedding party, however, it was obviously noisy with the music and chatter that carries - If you want to be a function centre you should have a function area that does not encrouch on other guests, the lift 'broke down' Saturday evening, and the noise of wedding guest using the stair well and fire doors into the early hours of the morning, meant very little sleep for anyone else, the lift still out of order when we left on the Tuesday. Would I return - probably not, Would I recommend to relatives and friends - no, I do not think so - I would suggest anyone contemplating staying at Waters Edge contact the resort prior to your visit and make sure there is not funtion taking place.

Room Tip: If you are not very 'fit' you may find the steep walk up from Airlie Beach centre and little...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Waters-Edge-Resort, General Manager at Waters Edge Resort, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Anne F,

Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry to read you did not enjoy every aspect of your stay.

From time to time we do have small boutique weddings at the Deja Vu Restaurant, I am sorry on this occasion you felt the wedding guests intruded on your stay, this is certainly not our intention.

Waters Edge Resort enjoys numerous on site facilities including three swimming pools (two being infinity pools) and an outdoor heated Jacuzzi, we also offer Déjà Vu Restaurant for in house dining lunch and dinner, we also offer room service lunch and dinner. During our boutique weddings we do not close facilities to in house guests, one of the three swimming pools we kindly ask guests if they wouldn’t mind utilising another swimming pool during the ceremony, poolside sun lounges, tables and chairs are always available, I have discussed your feedback with the restaurateurs at Déjà vu, they will reiterate with their team the absolute importance not to disrupt in house guests staying at the resort.

Regretfully we did experience a power surge Saturday evening which resulted in a relay being damaged in our lift, with a part not readily available, one of the challenges of living in a remote location. I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I am pleased you found the rooms spacious and clean, and enjoyed the breathtaking view from your large balcony, indeed the view of the Whitsundays is incredible.

I am sorry you would not return to the hotel or recommend us to your family and friends, we certainly value word of mouth referrals, if at any stage you would like to return we would be delighted to welcome you back, please contact me so I can personally attend to any future booking.

Sincerely

Jeff Aquilina
Managing Director
at Hotel Group

Been to Waters Edge Resort? Share your experiences!