I read the review by MrsTT82 and wonder if she must have stayed at a different resort to us!
We booked a 1 bedroom apartment (& were upgraded to a 2 bedroom) for 7 nights, leaving on Good Friday. The apartment was on the first floor &, like all apartments in the complex, had magnificent views of the Whitsundays from the balcony, lounge & dining areas. Even P&O parked there cruise ship in front of Airlie to add to the view.
The apartment was very spacious, clean and clearly meets the 4 star rating for the resort. We have stayed in 4 & 5 star self catered accommodation all over Australia and expect that the necessities to get you started are in place, & this was the case here.
Had a swim in the pools on a couple of days, beautiful!
We were a little concerned about the "hill climb" from Airlie township to the resort &, while it does make you breathe a bit heavier, it is quite manageable. (TIP- walk up the lower side and take the stairs up to the high side right outside Med Resort, it is not as steep on the lower side).
Staff were friendly & helpful, booking our trip to Whitehaven beach without any problems.
We would definately return to this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mediterranean Resort offers affordable luxury in self contained 1, 2 and 3 bedroom villas, honeymoon suites or a choice of 3 or 4 bedroom penthouses.The private balconies and spacious apartments offer unsurpassed views across the Coral Sea and the magnificent Whitsunday Islands.The resort facilities include 2 private saltwater pools both with outstanding views, a spa in which to refresh and all only 300m from the centre of Airlie Beach.The Whitsundays really is the epitome of Paradise, and Mediterranean Resorts is in the heart of it! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Mediterranean Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterranean Hotel Airlie Beach
- Mediterranean Resort Airlie Beach
- Mediterranean Resorts Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands