Went there around Christmas time. It wasn't what we expected. It was quite a long walk to the City Centre & if you're carrying shopping or you've had a full day out it gets tiring. The service was average & the room was quite small. Had to ask for toilet paper & they weren't very obliging
The great thing is the spa bath, it overlooks the water and the view was gorgeous. We even had some parrots visit us on the balcony.
We stayed for 4 nights & it was quite pleasant.
What left a sour taste was we got ripped off. We booked online & paid $150/night. I noticed that they had a special notice which said "stay for 4 nights & pay for 3 nights". I asked whether we could pay for 3 nights only, the manager said no.
- Also Known As:
- Whitsunday Vista Hotel Airlie Beach
- Whitsunday Vista Hotel
- Whitsunday Vista Airlie Beach
- Whitsunday Vista Resort Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whitsunday Vista Resort offers you distinctive apartment style accommodation, located directly across from the Port of Airlie and adjoining Boathaven Bay. Relax and enjoy the Whitsunday Vista of turquise blue waters from your private balcony with uninterrupted views of the Coral Sea and Whitsunday Islands. Whitsunday Vista Resort offers a variety of room types including Bayview Spa Suites, Executive Spa Suites, 1 and 2 Bedroom Apartments, all with breathtaking water views and private balconies. Whitsunday Vista Resort is a pleasant five minute level walk to the centre of Airlie Beach, a bustling seaside resort village with great shopping, restaurants, cafes, bars and famous Airlie Beach swimming lagoon. Whitsunday Vista Resort is an ideal base from which to explore the Whitsundays, with an on site tour desk and convenient bus stop literally on our doorstep. Apartments feature wireless internet, individually controlled air conditioning, ceiling fans, LCD TV, cable TV, direct dial phones, kitchenette and laundry, additionally 1 and 2 Bedroom Apartments feature a fully equipped kitchen including dishwasher. Whitsunday Vista Resort features a delightful pool, outdoor heated spa, covered barbecue and entertaining area, undercover parking, lift access to all levels and Whitsunday Spicy Thai Restaurant open for dinner or room service every evening. Whitsunday Vista Resort is your ideal base for a holiday in the Whitsundays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Whitsunday Vista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.